Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Class On Thelema And Mormonism In Oakland, Ca (Tuesday 9/2/2014)


Recommended Posts

Posted

If anyone is interested, there will be a public class on the parallels between Thelema and Mormonism on Tuesday, September 2nd at the Bay Area Thelemic Temple in Oakland, CA (130 East Twelfth Street, Oakland, CA 94606). That's this coming Tuesday.

 

I'm going, and I'll try to report back how it goes, though there's also talk of recording it for a future episode of the Speech in the Silence podcast. Also, root beer floats, maybe.

 

https://www.google.com/calendar/render?eid=dDkzZ3RxajhlbGkwZTdyNjYzbGVjN2QxcGNfMjAxNDA5MDNUMDIzMDAwWiA1bWRsbGVlZTQwbGxyYTk5amhuZDFlN211OEBn&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&sf=true&output=xml

https://www.facebook.com/events/553980104708644/

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

THIS WEEK: Frater Markys ny Deseret will lead us on this interesting and thoughtful journey on the parallels between Thelema and Mormonism. Prior to joining the OTO, Frater Markys ny Deseret was born and raised in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He received his endowments in the San Diego Temple, was ordained an elder, and served a mission in Argentina. Added bonus: there may be root beer floats!

No degree, previous experience, or previous knowledge necessary.

A $5 donation is requested from attendees who have not paid local Affiliate or Membership dues for the month.

Contact info@blazingstar-oto.org with any questions.

Love is the law, love under will.

 

Posted

Tell Aiwass and all the praeterhumans that we'd love to see 'em in sacrament meeting.

The Secret Chiefs are already there, sitting quietly in the back row.

Posted

I would like to go to this, since its only an hour away, but I may have to work longer that day. I hope it gets recorded though.

Posted

I would like to go to this, since its only an hour away, but I may have to work longer that day. I hope it gets recorded though.

As far as I know, there isn't a problem with showing up late, and I'll try to save some root beer floats for you.

Posted

Bumping this up, since the event is tonight.

Posted

Bumping this up, since the event is tonight.

I hated I couldn't make it to this, I hope a recording is put online soon. I think this is a topic that could be discussed for hours.

Posted

I hated I couldn't make it to this, I hope a recording is put online soon. I think this is a topic that could be discussed for hours.

It was pretty awesome, and there were quite a few Mormon Thelemites there. It was an overwhelmingly positive presentation of Mormonism. The recording will be in a future episode of the Speech in the Silence podcast, though I don't know how soon, and it'll probably be broken up into segments over multiple episodes. I'll post them when they come out.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...