Birthdays Are Bad

Freedom

There are 3 examples of birthdays being celebrated in the bible. Gen 40:1-23; Matt 14:3-11; Job 1:4-19. Jehovah Witnesses interpret these to mean that we should not celebrate birthdays because each time they are mentioned in the bible very bad things happen.

I am looking for examples in the bible of things being mentioned in relationship to something bad but that we accept as good. Just because no good birthday parties are mentioned, does not mean we should not celebrate them, so I am looking for examples of other events or even items that are only mentioned in a negative light to show why this logic may be flawed.

For example are there any foods or articles of clothing (or anything else you can think of) that are only mentioned in connection with wicked practices?

There are 3 examples of birthdays being celebrated in the bible. Gen 40:1-23; Matt 14:3-11; Job 1:4-19. Jehovah Witnesses interpret these to mean that we should not celebrate birthdays because each time they are mentioned in the bible very bad things happen.

I am looking for examples in the bible of things being mentioned in relationship to something bad but that we accept as good. Just because no good birthday parties are mentioned, does not mean we should not celebrate them, so I am looking for examples of other events or even items that are only mentioned in a negative light to show why this logic may be flawed.

For example are there any foods or articles of clothing (or anything else you can think of) that are only mentioned in connection with wicked practices?

Of course birthdays should be celebrated, each time one gets the opportunity to celebrate a birthday means they are still around and still have the opportunity to repent.  At least that's how I see it.

There are 3 examples of birthdays being celebrated in the bible. Gen 40:1-23; Matt 14:3-11; Job 1:4-19. Jehovah Witnesses interpret these to mean that we should not celebrate birthdays because each time they are mentioned in the bible very bad things happen.I am looking for examples in the bible of things being mentioned in relationship to something bad but that we accept as good. Just because no good birthday parties are mentioned, does not mean we should not celebrate them, so I am looking for examples of other events or even items that are only mentioned in a negative light to show why this logic may be flawed.For example are there any foods or articles of clothing (or anything else you can think of) that are only mentioned in connection with wicked practices?

Last year we had 79 people at my Mother's 80th birthday party...it was great. :). I could not get that many to my funeral, I would probably need to hire people to carry from the Church to the hurst. :(

Me? If so yes, just making a joke, because when people think because there we some bad birthday parties in the Bible, there should be none...it is hard to take it seriously.

ah! well you as well! I was talking about Freedom!

Why did this get moved to the social hall?

I am looking for examples in the bible of things that are presented in a negative light, such as the three examples of birthdays. These examples could be used to counter the argument that birthdays are bad - just because something is only presented in a negative light does not justify the doctrine that birthdays should not be celebrated.

According to the Bible you are not allowed to wear clothes of differing cloth, eat pork, shellfish, or meat and chesse in the same dish, plant different crops side by side, work on the Sabbath, play football. While it is OK to kill your child if he/she disagrees with you, sell your daughter into slavery,

Why did this get moved to the social hall?

The title of your thread should reflect what you want the thread to be about.  Don't expect people to closely read your opening post to figure out what you really want to discuss.  Many people who might have interesting comments on your question would not even open the thread thinking it's just about birthdays. 

And birthdays are bad.  Every one that comes around uses up the limited supply I have left.

I am looking for examples in the bible of things being mentioned in relationship to something bad but that we accept as good. 

The fall of Adam of Eve is partly regarded as a good thing because great blessings

resulted (according to Gospel Principles chapter 6).

Regards,

Jim