The Book Of Mormons Warning About The Nsa

Damien the Leper

What an interesting comparison.  We have, indeed, arrived.  We need to dust off many of the articles I have read about the comparison between Gadianton Robbers and modern terrorism.  Did the Nephites surveil them?  Apparently, not enough.

I have nothing against surveillence of terrorists, except when everyone is considered a terrorist. Secret courts, rendering secret decisions, about secret laws may not be against the Book of Mormon, but they are against the US Constitution.

Full agreement.  Except even the Book of Mormon warns against secret combinations looking for prestige and power.  Doesn't matter if it was Bush or Obama.  Still unconstitutional.

That is a pretty strained metaphor. Are we supposed to infer that Noah used the tower to track Alma and his dissidents when it says outright how they did it?

I am against the amount of spying our government is doing and would rather have a couple extra terrorist attacks a year that could kill dozens rather then a government with dangerous power over millions.

I just think this is a horrible way to demonstrate it.

This ranks up there with the time that someone used David and Bathsheba as a metaphor to support their views in birth control.

Yes but it is a poor attitude when looking at present trends.

Just because I think the metaphor is strained and a bit laughable doesn't mean that I'm not informed nor apathetic with regards to domestic spying, detention w/o trial and cronyism evident in the government of the United States of America.

Just because I think the metaphor is strained and a bit laughable doesn't mean that I'm not informed nor apathetic with regards to domestic spying, detention w/o trial and cronyism evident in the government of the United States of America.

Didn't say you were.  Didn't mean to kick your dog.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived