Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Forgiveness


Recommended Posts

Posted

I was reading a topic on this forum re salvation after all we can do. I don't want to enter into that discussion here as the thread is ongoing, however it has lead me to think about forgiveness. I believe that what we can do most for God is to love him before all else and to love our neighbour as ourselves, in doing this Christ said, we keep the whole law. In my faith, examination of conscience should be a daily occurance, especially at the end of the day when we come before God in prayer, and it is customary to ask him to forgive sins that we may have committed during that day. The thread referred to above prompted me to realise that I have not treated members of your church as my neighbour and have been uncharitable and antagonistic in things I have said. I realise that I cannot go before God for forgiveness unless I try to put this right, therefore I humbly ask your forgiveness, especially if I have destroyed anyone's peace by provoking them to anger. In my view I have fallen very short of what my Lord requires of me, and I need to commit to renewal, and this is where I feel I should start, so I hope that you can find the charity in your hearts that I have been sadly lacking, and thank you for helping me to remove tha plank in my eye. God bless.

Posted

You have never wronged me, but I'm happy to assure you that the forgiveness you seek is yours nonetheless. May the peace of the Saviour fill your heart and life, my brother/sister.

Posted

Thank you for your kindness. Bluebell if I need to forgive you for anything, and I can't think that I do, I am sure I provoked whatever may have occurred. Ellen if I have any claw marks the I guess it was my pride which provoked them.

Posted

Saved, you are a child of God and this life is about learning to choose to serve God above all things. It is a sign of true discipleship when we begin to look at our own actions rather than the actions of others. I have learned that all those who sincerely profess to follow the Savior may have a different way of expressing that desire to follow him, the expressions may be different from one another, but the heart is always the same. It is wisdom to look beyond the different expressions and to sense the heart of the individual. In doing so, we learn not to take things personally, accept their understanding of the gospel without judgment, and love others for being fellow pilgrims on this earth. I have always enjoyed the parable of the good Samaritan. A priest and a Levite, men dedicated to religion, were not willing to take the time to serve one in need, it was the Samaritan that took the time to help the traveler in need. It costs us nothing to serve those we see in church every week; it is in serving the stranger where are true willingness to serve our God is seen. Let us forgive others quickly and love them even though they may express their faith differently than we do.

Posted (edited)

I was reading a topic on this forum re salvation after all we can do. I don't want to enter into that discussion here as the thread is ongoing, however it has lead me to think about forgiveness. I believe that what we can do most for God is to love him before all else and to love our neighbour as ourselves, in doing this Christ said, we keep the whole law. In my faith, examination of conscience should be a daily occurance, especially at the end of the day when we come before God in prayer, and it is customary to ask him to forgive sins that we may have committed during that day. The thread referred to above prompted me to realise that I have not treated members of your church as my neighbour and have been uncharitable and antagonistic in things I have said. I realise that I cannot go before God for forgiveness unless I try to put this right, therefore I humbly ask your forgiveness, especially if I have destroyed anyone's peace by provoking them to anger. In my view I have fallen very short of what my Lord requires of me, and I need to commit to renewal, and this is where I feel I should start, so I hope that you can find the charity in your hearts that I have been sadly lacking, and thank you for helping me to remove tha plank in my eye. God bless.

I have no reason to have been offended -- but thank you for your kind sentiments.

And not to offend, but I recognize your name but not anything in particular that you migth have said before!

But I will remember this, a great point to remember for myself! Thanks again.

Edited by CV75
Posted (edited)

Thank you again for your  kindness, I have felt so much more at peace since posting the OP but I have found you words truly liberating, without wishing to sound over the top. May I try to give an explanation as to why I joined this forum? I was converted to The LDS church 38 years ago, but I left because I lost my testimony. Initially after leaving I had all kinds of emotions going on, but the strongest was a feeling of betrayal and anger. Then I immersed myself in finding as much anti mormon material as possible and trying to convince my LDS friends of their error, to no avail. Years went by, and thankfully the antagonism I felt dissipated, I stopped reading anti mormon stuff and got on with life. I attended various christian denominations which was formative but didn't formerly join any. Many years later I was accepted into the Catholic faith and feel very blessed to be there. However, a strange thing occurred recently. I browse the internet a lot for many things and I found a site which listed ex mormon stories, and something ugly was rekindled. It was as though all those years since leaving the church fell away, and the blessings I have found in my faith were suddenly not enough, I was on a mission! I am so embarrassed now I think of it, because I convinced myself that this was God's work for me. However all those negative feelings resurfaced, then I found this site, and in my pride, decided this is where I would attempt to show you all how wrong you are. How vainglorious, and I was on my own, I now realise that this was not God's work for me, I allowed pride to reign and it destroyed my peace. Thankfully God is good, and patient, and he has shown me that the only way back into his peace is through reconciliation and forgiveness, for which I am very grateful. So this is where I am now, at the beginning of my renewal, and I have you to thank for it as well as my Lord, who must have been shaking his head in exasperation for some time now. My plan is to re-immerse myself in the scriptures, and my church, and walk with my Lord, learn this great lesson in humility and be thankful every day for all of God's children.

Edited by savedbygrace
Posted

Thank you again for your  kindness, I have felt so much more at peace since posting the OP but I have found you words truly liberating, without wishing to sound over the top. May I try to give an explanation as to why I joined this forum? I was converted to The LDS church 38 years ago, but I left because I lost my testimony. Initially after leaving I had all kinds of emotions going on, but the strongest was a feeling of betrayal and anger. Then I immersed myself in finding as much anti mormon material as possible and trying to convince my LDS friends of their error, to no avail. Years went by, and thankfully the antagonism I felt dissipated, I stopped reading anti mormon stuff and got on with life. I attended various christian denominations which was formative but didn't formerly join any. Many years later I was accepted into the Catholic faith and feel very blessed to be there. However, a strange thing occurred recently. I browse the internet a lot for many things and I found a site which listed ex mormon stories, and something ugly was rekindled. It was as though all those years since leaving the church fell away, and the blessings I have found in my faith were suddenly not enough, I was on a mission! I am so embarrassed now I think of it, because I convinced myself that this was God's work for me. However all those negative feelings resurfaced, then I found this site, and in my pride, decided this is where I would attempt to show you all how wrong you are. How vainglorious, and I was on my own, I now realise that this was not God's work for me, I allowed pride to reign and it destroyed my peace. Thankfully God is good, and patient, and he has shown me that the only way back into his peace is through reconciliation and forgiveness, for which I am very grateful. So this is where I am now, at the beginning of my renewal, and I have you to thank for it as well as my Lord, who must have been shaking his head in exasperation for some time now. My plan is to re-immerse myself in the scriptures, and my church, and walk with my Lord, learn this great lesson in humility and be thankful every day for all of God's children.

What an uplifting story; thank you for being willing to share it with us. Now might be a good time to retread St. Therese de Lisieux's story. We often look for the great work when in reality it is being willing to tend to the small things that great things are accomplished. Be content being a little flower in God's garden. Another would be the parable of the currant bush by Hugh B. Brown. I appreciate your desire to bring all to Christ and a greater understanding of his teachings. Success, great success, is only found with a heart full of love and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. May you have His peace ever more fully in your life.

Posted

Thank you again for your  kindness, I have felt so much more at peace since posting the OP but I have found you words truly liberating, without wishing to sound over the top. May I try to give an explanation as to why I joined this forum? I was converted to The LDS church 38 years ago, but I left because I lost my testimony. Initially after leaving I had all kinds of emotions going on, but the strongest was a feeling of betrayal and anger. Then I immersed myself in finding as much anti mormon material as possible and trying to convince my LDS friends of their error, to no avail. Years went by, and thankfully the antagonism I felt dissipated, I stopped reading anti mormon stuff and got on with life. I attended various christian denominations which was formative but didn't formerly join any. Many years later I was accepted into the Catholic faith and feel very blessed to be there. However, a strange thing occurred recently. I browse the internet a lot for many things and I found a site which listed ex mormon stories, and something ugly was rekindled. It was as though all those years since leaving the church fell away, and the blessings I have found in my faith were suddenly not enough, I was on a mission! I am so embarrassed now I think of it, because I convinced myself that this was God's work for me. However all those negative feelings resurfaced, then I found this site, and in my pride, decided this is where I would attempt to show you all how wrong you are. How vainglorious, and I was on my own, I now realise that this was not God's work for me, I allowed pride to reign and it destroyed my peace. Thankfully God is good, and patient, and he has shown me that the only way back into his peace is through reconciliation and forgiveness, for which I am very grateful. So this is where I am now, at the beginning of my renewal, and I have you to thank for it as well as my Lord, who must have been shaking his head in exasperation for some time now. My plan is to re-immerse myself in the scriptures, and my church, and walk with my Lord, learn this great lesson in humility and be thankful every day for all of God's children.

 

And some say that Satan isn't real.  You have now felt his influence twice.  Don't let him disrupt your life again.  May you find and hold the peace you seek.

Posted (edited)

Interesting thread. I wish you well on your journey and wish you all the peace and hope you desire.

 

 

I can't think of a single thing you have said that has offened me personally. But I accpet your apology and offer you my own forgivness if it will help you on your way. And even if it doesn't help you I will still offer it.

Edited by Mola Ram Suda Ram
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...