Heavenly Father Loves Me

In the spirit of the primary song, My Heavenly Father Loves Me, I thought it might be fun to share pictures of things from the natural world, cool animals, plants, rock formations, waterfalls, whatever.

To start us off, here's a bat colored like a badger.

564382_10151523560944519_523367972_n.jpg

I found it on Facebook. I should have given attribution.

I once caught a bat working night shift at BYU. I thought it was a bird flying around but the movements seemed strange for a bird. I and others chased it down with a pillowcase, trapped it inside it, took the bat outside and I opened it up wide enough for the bat to get out. It was the neatest thing to watch its devil-looking face slowly creep towards the opening. It perched itself on the edge of the opening and then it leapt and flew away. I said "go, fly away you stupid bird!" (Yes, I knew it wasn't a bird. I just wanted to say something dumb).

Edited by Darren10

Here's your bat, Mathair:

TasmanianDevil.jpg

Looks more like a Tasmanian Devil to me, bat I'm not a wildlife biologist! Oops! That is to say, but I'm not a wildlife biologist! ;)

Is that an indigo snake?

I'm thankful to Heavenly Father for creative minds:

muppetsanimal.jpg

I don't want to know what that is! ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969

Kengo;

Oh, come on. We all know what a Ta(z)manian Devil looks like:

looney-tunes-taz-3.jpg

What a loveable creature! :wub: Makes me want to go out and hug a real one! (I'm sure that'd go over real well! ;))

This primary hymns are responsible for much of my testimony. Some of the sweetest experiences I've had with the Holy Ghost were due to primary songs, including "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I've had the following saved as a favorite for some time.

Hey Darren , what was a bat doing working the night shift at BYU ? :crazy:

LOL. And don't forget the night owls too. I this case the bat was simply flying around. We all thought it was a bird but it's turns were way too sharp for any bird I could think of. I did not want to leave the bat other building for sanitary reasons so we went and caught it. We had no idea how to do that but I lead the charge. I would like to repeat how cool it was to see the bat's face up close and personal while letting it out. God did good making those creatures. Ticks and mosquitoes I'm still wonderin' but bats are really neat.

This primary hymns are responsible for much of my testimony. Some of the sweetest experiences I've had with the Holy Ghost were due to primary songs, including "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I've had the following saved as a favorite for some time.

Nicely said, sir.