New Mission President

Just received word from an SLC insider that at conference next week Jerry Bradford will be called as mission President in the newly opened Sana'a, Yemen mission. He will be replaced as Director of the Neil A. Maxwell Institute of Religious Scholarship by William Hamblin, professor of history at BYU.

Just received word from an SLC insider that at conference next week Jerry Bradford will be called as mission President in the newly opened Sana'a, Yemen mission. He will be replaced as Director of the Neil A. Maxwell Institute of Religious Scholarship by William Hamblin, professor of history at BYU.

I can't believe that my Yemenite dance moves didn't land me the position.

You just received word, huh. Yeah, the jokers are running amuk/amuck/a muck/whatever, they're running all over the place.

Next headlines:

Missionaries Bracket Word of Wisdom--Thousands Join the Church!

Hamblin Exhibits Countenance of Nibley in Inaugural Speech

I've already done that. I mumble incoherently to my students all the time.

Well, if that's already been done, then there's this:

Hamblin takes Maxwell's Charge to Heart: Announces MI Basketball Team. Players include Dan "All D[efense]" Peterson, Greg "The Hit Man" Smith, Louis "Lock em Down" Midgley, and John "Good Luck" Gee.

I've already done that. I mumble incoherently to my students all the time.

Have you ever uttered the line, "We're gathered here, clothed in the black robes of a false priesthood ..." in opening prayer at Commencement? :rofl:

Have you ever uttered the line, "We're gathered here, clothed in the black robes of a false priesthood ..." in opening prayer at Commencement? :rofl:

Don't worry. They'll never even let me give a commencement prayer.

Well, if that's already been done, then there's this:

Hamblin takes Maxwell's Charge to Heart: Announces MI Basketball Team. Players include Dan "All D[efense]" Peterson, Greg "The Hit Man" Smith, Louis "Lock em Down" Midgley, and John "Good Luck" Gee.

Hey, hey, hey! Midgley and Gee ahead of me? What, didn't anyone know I was available? I may not be 6' 5" anymore, but I'm still 6' 4 1/2". That's two Midgley's right there. Not sure I can still dunk anymore. But I'm pretty sure I can still touch the rim, and beat most of the BYU basketball players in best of 25 foul shooting contests, not to mention I'm still deadly from "beyond the arc." (No, not Noah's!) Man, I'm crushed ...

Hey, hey, hey! Midgley and Gee ahead of me? What, didn't anyone know I was available? I may not be 6' 5" anymore, but I'm still 6' 4 1/2". That's two Midgley's right there. Not sure I can still dunk anymore. But I'm pretty sure I can still touch the rim, and beat most of the BYU basketball players in best of 25 foul shooting contests, not to mention I'm still deadly from "beyond the arc." (No, not Noah's!) Man, I'm crushed ...

You'd be my first pick for an April Fools' basketball team.

Don't worry. They'll never even let me give a commencement prayer.

They realized, too late, that they shouldn't have let Bro. Nibley, either, so you're in excellent company! ;)

Edited by Kenngo1969