Anyone Else Tired Of Controversy?

It seems lately there has been so much controversy. Not just the normal political controversy, it has extended to the church as well. Gay marriage, immigration, gun bans / rights, the economy, women praying, women holding the priesthood, etc., etc. Anyone else ready for a period with a little less controversy, if not in the world at least in the church. Maybe I just need to take a break from this site.

Not to be controversial , but I wish the men would get back to leading the family,the women would get back into the kitchen, the children would get back to their seen-and-not-heard place , the gays would get back into the closet and the toothpaste would get back into the tube. :diablo:

Edited by blackstrap

It is part of the process...

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God....

I like controversy as long as it doesn't get vicious. Makes me think about things in a new way.

I don't mind controversy per se but it seems like there has been an awful lot lately. Maybe I am just paying too much attention.

I don't mind controversy per se but it seems like there has been an awful lot lately. Maybe I am just paying too much attention.

I think you're probably right. Lots more forums to voice our opinions, thanks to the internet. And that's my opinion. ;)

It provides for a good shot of adrenaline in the morning. A quick wake-me-up!

But in all seriousness, there are two general topics that will get some people all riled up: (1) politics, (2) religion. You cannot escape heated controversy whenever any of those two are in the mix.

. Lots more forums to voice our opinions, thanks to the internet.

This seems right. Come to think of it, I don't think I really hear much controversy when I am physically in church. Maybe some statements about gay marriage or gays and scouting, but that is about it.

Not to be controversial , but I wish the men would get back to leading the family,the women would get back into the kitchen, the children would get back to their seen-and-not-heard place , the gays would get back into the closet and the toothpaste would get back into the tube. :diablo:

Don't you brush your teeth? ;)

It isn't so much controversy that is the problem, but rather incivility, unkindness, and intolerance. Just because you and I disagree on a topic doesn't mean that we cannot discuss it in a calm and reasonable manner. Friends should be able to converse about anything without coming to blows and ceasing to be friends. Mutual respect and forbearance count for much. We should not expect everyone (even our children) to agree with us or to adopt our views.

Children are expected to fight over the silliest things, and lovers even have quarrels, but it is surprising how quickly those contratemps are soon forgotten and we are all buddies again. That's the way it will be on that great day on the other side of the veil, when Satan and his throng have finally been silenced and love will come to pervade everyone -- smiles all around -- for all time and all eternity.

It's the internet. Without it, I'd have no clue about most of this stuff anyways. If you want to get away from the controversy stay away from the internet news sources (and probably this board outside of the social hall). It'll help a bit. And yeah, sometimes I just want to let go of all those piling controversial things. It just gets exhausting =p. I have a love hate relationship with disagreeing with others, I hate to say it, but it's true.

It seems lately there has been so much controversy. Not just the normal political controversy, it has extended to the church as well. Gay marriage, immigration, gun bans / rights, the economy, women praying, women holding the priesthood, etc., etc. Anyone else ready for a period with a little less controversy, if not in the world at least in the church. Maybe I just need to take a break from this site.

I think the media, especially TV News fans the fires of indignation on purpose. It appeals to the lower nature and is gossipy. My best example was the news coverage of 911. It went on for weeks and was traumatizing to the people who watched it, though not as harsh as it was for the people who died and lost loved ones. I do not know what the Bible says specifically on this issue, but it is specifically prohibited in holy Qur'an. It seems there should be something about endless disputation in the BoM or the D&C.

I think the media, especially TV News fans the fires of indignation on purpose.

I look to the federal government and the mainstream news media for the reason there is so much "controversy". Most if it is pure BS. Never let a crisis go to waste. If there is no real crisis make one up. The latest is the sequester. The biggest joke I have seen in a long time. One of my fav's is AGW. What a hoax that has been. Cracks me up that people still defend it when there are emails from EU that essential say that they made up some data and rejected other data that did not fit thier narrative.

For me that is one reason there such a heated debate. It is a complex topic.

DDT anyone?

Edited by Mola Ram Suda Ram

One of my fav's is AGW. What a hoax that has been. Cracks me up that people still defend it when there are emails from EU that essential say that they made up some data and rejected other data that did not fit thier narrative.

For me that is one reason there such a heated debate. It is a complex topic.

DDT anyone?

Is it real or did you see it on FOX.

Why on God's green earth do you want DDT in your body?

This is true but just take a look around this site. We cant even agree about our own religion.

You should never not like a Latter-day Saint simply because of their political beliefs. I would have to agree with everything Robert F. said, you should not choose who you like based on political beliefs.

As for disagreement within our religion, it creates a healthy tension. With that said, one belief matters more then anything else, a belief in Jesus Christ founded on the testimony of the prophets.

"The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to it. But in connection with these, we believe in the gift of the Holy Ghost, the power of faith, the enjoyment of the spiritual gifts according to the will of God, the restoration of the house of Israel, and the final triumph of truth" (Teachings: Joseph Smith, 2007, 45-50).

You should never not like a Latter-day Saint simply because of their political beliefs. I would have to agree with everything Robert F. said, you should not choose who you like based on political beliefs.

Where did that come from?

That was not directed at you, sorry. It was just to clarify my original post a bit. There are so many people who choose not to "like" someone based on political affiliation within the church.

I didn't think it was, I was just curious what caused you to say that.

Ha! That closet got too small. Thank you football and track in high school.

It is part of the process...

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God....

You just prophesied of the entire Elders Quorumn and about 97% of the high priests.