Longest You'Ve Gone Without A Calling?

Saints Alive

The first time I've ever not had a calling since my marriage 28 yrs. ago. (except for the month or two after child birth). My last calling was serving in a RS presidency and we were released as a presidency after about 4 years. I was asked to teach primary soon after that but turned it down (a first) because I was embroiled in my faith crisis and I thought I'd be awful at testifying of the BoM stories. So it's been 6 months now and counting.

Edited by Tacenda

The first time I've ever not had a calling since my marriage 28 yrs. ago. My last calling was serving in a RS presidency and we were released as a presidency after about 4 years. I was asked to teach primary soon after that but turned it down (a first) because I was embroiled in my faith crisis and I thought I'd be awful at testifying of the BoM stories. So it's been 6 months now and counting.

you missed out! I learned a lot more than I thought I would when I taught the 11 year old primary class

you missed out! I learned a lot more than I thought I would when I taught the 11 year old primary class

I love teaching primary and hope I'll get to have the opportunity when I get on my feet. I've taught various ages throughout the years. The last time I taught in the New Testament and learned so much. I've never taught the 11 yr. olds though. Usually 7/8 yr. olds and younger.

Several years ago I went without a calling for 21 months. It was fantastic because I had no church obligations to add to the weight of my school obligations at the time. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed teaching Gospel Principles and being a ward missionary and EQ 2nd Counselor and they taught me a great deal about myself and I am forever grateful for the experience in all 3 callings.

• 1 month later...

4 years. During my entire residency, I had no calling. We lived in 2 wards during that time. I met one of the bishops once, and the other one never spoke to me outside of the time we introduced ourselves to him in the hallway at church.

4 years. During my entire residency, I had no calling. We lived in 2 wards during that time. I met one of the bishops once, and the other one never spoke to me outside of the time we introduced ourselves to him in the hallway at church.

was that your choice or there's ? I can't imagine trying to serve in any calling except maybe Sunday school during a residency.