My New Obsession

ERMD

Full disclosure--not my exact rifle. This one is a .308, mine is .300 WM with a suppressor; same optic--Schmidt and Bender PM II 5-25 X 56.

The bad news is, I ordered it last week, and build time is 8-12 months...

Edited by ERMD

Full disclosure--not my exact rifle. This one is a .308, mine is .300 WM with a suppressor; same optic--Schmidt and Bender PM II 5-25 X 56.

The bad news is, I ordered it last week, and build time is 8-12 months...

Wow... it still looks powerful. What would one shoot with a rifle like that?

I have a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver... it's small but powerful. I love to shoot it... don't get to practice as often as I'd like, But I do know how to handle it, and I'm a good shot. I have a permit to carry concealed. Just call me a pistol-packin old woman! Yes, the Garden Girl carries... :angel:

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

I have a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver... it's small but powerful. I love to shoot it... don't get to practice as often as I'd like, But I do know how to handle it, and I'm a good shot. I have a permit to carry concealed. Just call me a pistol-packin old woman! Yes, the Garden Girl carries... :angel:

GG

I have a S&W 9mm 1911 model...perfect balance and a joy to shoot.

GG

.300 Winchester Magnum is definitely a large animal weapon--elk, moose, etc., and also great for long range work. This will be my 1000+ yd rifle. What I have now are excellent up to 800-1000 yds, but this one will really reach out and touch someone. .300 WM can be a punishing round to shoot, but with the suppressor, anyone can shoot it all day. I took my daughter out a few weeks ago, and she was ringing 6" steel plates at 500 yds with my 6.5 mm. It's capable of going out to 1000 yds, but the bullets are small and don't carry enough energy to hunt at that distance.

Congrats on being a CHL holder! I alternate between .357 Sig and .45 ACP (because shooting twice is silly).

:D

I was listening some time ago to NPR, (yes I know, how can I be a good Mormon and listen to NPR, it was either NPR or Katie Perry.) and they were interviewing a man who wrote a book about America's handgun, the Luger. The gun is made in Germany, but it's one of the most popular in America.

Any way, the author was fairly anti-gun when he started to write the book, but being a good author, he knew he needed to use the gun to really understand it. He said the first time he fired the gun, his whole life changed. He said that with that handgun, he truly knew was power was. He didn't have to be scared all the time. He's now a gun advocate IIRC.

I was listening some time ago to NPR, (yes I know, how can I be a good Mormon and listen to NPR, it was either NPR or Katie Perry.) and they were interviewing a man who wrote a book about America's handgun, the Luger. The gun is made in Germany, but it's one of the most popular in America.

Any way, the author was fairly anti-gun when he started to write the book, but being a good author, he knew he needed to use the gun to really understand it. He said the first time he fired the gun, his whole life changed. He said that with that handgun, he truly knew was power was. He didn't have to be scared all the time. He's now a gun advocate IIRC.

I used to have a PPK...James Bond weapon. Great gun...the Germans make wonderful guns.

My husband had a Luger, which I sold after his death... he really liked it, but I was afraid of it because of the possibility of forgetting that there was a bullet in the chamber even after taking the clip out to "unload" it... A friend's husband forgot as the gun was new and a tragedy ensued. I like the SW 38 because I can see how many bullets...

GG

My husband had a Luger, which I sold after his death... he really liked it, but I was afraid of it because of the possibility of forgetting that there was a bullet in the chamber even after taking the clip out to "unload" it... A friend's husband forgot as the gun was new and a tragedy ensued. I like the SW 38 because I can see how many bullets...

GG

I once shot a mirror, because I thought the clip was empty. Needless to say thatt never happened again.