Seriously No Politics ×

I Went To Church With Mitt Romney This Morning

Libs

I donno who won, but I think Rosanne Barr was in the running. :)

You sound like me Libs! I voted for Obama, but now having second thoughts. I'm more independent and take each candidate on an individual basis.

Yep, me too. :)

Well, Mark could write in Roseanne.....I know he really wants to. ;):D

It must be a girl thing.

Nehor will have to get in line behind my crusade to prove no decent LDS father could have a good gold handicap and my crusade to replace basketball hoops in cultural centers with climbing walls for the Boy Scouts.

I'd hope you'd face some kind of church discipline.

Libs:

I'm not too sure I'd want to be a member of any party that would have me. ;)

Ps; Cheri Honkala is the Green Party VP pick.

PPs:

The four pillars of the Green New Deal, "the central platform of the Stein/Honkala ticket"[40] are:

1. An Economic Bill Of Rights - a) a Full Employment Program that will create 25 million jobs by implementing a nationally funded, but locally controlled direct employment initiative, replacing unemployment offices with local employment offices; b) defense of worker’s rights including the right to a living wage, to a safe workplace, to fair trade, and to organize a union at work without fear of firing or reprisal; c) the right to quality health care which will be achieved through a single-payer Medicare-for-All program; d) the right to a tuition-free, quality, federally funded, local controlled public education system from pre-school through college, and forgiveness of current student loan debt; e) the right to decent affordable housing, including an immediate halt to all foreclosures and evictions; f) the right to accessible and affordable utilities; g) the right to fair taxation that’s distributed in proportion to ability to pay.
  2. A Green Transition - a) investment in green business by providing grants and low-interest loans to grow green businesses and cooperatives; b) investment in green research by redirecting research funds from fossil fuels and other dead-end industries toward research in wind, solar and geothermal; c) the creation of green jobs by enacting the Full Employment Program which will directly provide 16 million jobs in sustainable energy and energy efficiency.
  3. Real Financial Reform - a) relief of the debt overhang holding back the economy by reducing homeowner and student debt burdens; b) democratization of monetary policy to bring about public control of the money supply and credit creation; c) a policy of breaking up oversized banks that are “too big to fail”; d) termination of taxpayer-funded bailouts for banks, insurers, and other financial companies; e) the regulation of all financial derivatives; f) the restoration of the separation of depository commercial banks from speculative investment banks, as was the case under the Glass-Steagall Act; g) a 90% tax on bonuses for bailed out bankers; and h) support for the formation of federal, state, and municipal public-owned banks that function as non-profit utilities.
  4. A Functioning Democracy - a) the revocation of corporate personhood by amending our Constitution to make clear that corporations are not persons and money is not speech; b) the protect of our right to vote by supporting the proposed “Right to Vote Amendment”; c) the enactment of the Voter Bill of Rights; d) the commissioning of a thorough review of federal preemption law; e) the creation of a Corporation for Economic Democracy, f) the strengthening of media democracy by expanding federal support for locally-owned broadcast media and local print media; g) the protection of our personal liberty and freedoms by, among other things, revoking the Patriot Act; h) a dramatic scaling back of the military-industrial complex.[40]

Libs:

I'm not too sure I'd want to be a member of any party that would have me. ;)

lol....Isn't that an old Mark Twain quip? :D

Libs:

IIRC it was from Marx. Groucho not Karl. ;)

Oh, oops...Groucho! :D

Think I am going to stick with someone who actually has a chance of getting elected.

That is a dilemma for me. Do I vote for someone who theoretically has no chance of winning even though I think that they would best represent my interests? Or do I vote for someone else who more closely represents my interests than some guy who is far removed from representing my interests? Am I voting for someone or against someone?

About the article, I've been in Sacrament meetings with LDS "celebrities" visiting (Donny Osmond, Steve Young, Napoleon Dynamite/ Jon Heder, Danny Ainge) as well as wards that had a few resident celebrities, and it's always been just as described in the article. Everyone leaves them alone, with maybe a few extra handshakes after the meeting.

The only exception might have been a few of the deacons when Steve Young visited. I think they were pretty excited.

I wonder if her Mormonism factored into her campaign at all... =@

Had actually forgotten that she was LDS in her youth....

About the article, I've been in Sacrament meetings with LDS "celebrities" visiting (Donny Osmond, Steve Young, Napoleon Dynamite/ Jon Heder, Danny Ainge) as well as wards that had a few resident celebrities, and it's always been just as described in the article. Everyone leaves them alone, with maybe a few extra handshakes after the meeting.

The only exception might have been a few of the deacons when Steve Young visited. I think they were pretty excited.

I met Steve Young at a meeting for "No on Prop 8" here in CA. He was one of the speakers. No press there. It was very low key.

Archived