SBC's Richard Land Calls On Santorum To Drop Out And Support Mitt Romney

CQUIRK

Here.

Rick Santorum, who rose in the polls thanks to enthusiastic support from Christian conservatives, faced pressure Sunday from a key Republican evangelical to end his increasingly long-shot White House bid.

Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention urged him to abandon the race and throw his support to frontrunner Mitt Romney to increase Republicans' chances of defeating Barack Obama in November.

"Rick's a good friend. I like Rick a lot," Land told CBS "Face the Nation" program on Sunday.

But, Land said, "as his friend I would say to him, 'you know, you ought to seriously consider leaving the race now.'"...

Yeah, this is a BIG deal.

I understand that Santorum has suspended his campaign... and that in his bow-out announcement he didn't mention one word about Romney. It will be interesting to see what he does... my sis said that Romney was gracious and showed class in his response to the press when asked about Santorum...

GG

and that in his bow-out announcement he didn't mention one word about Romney

I'm guessing he's giving himself another chance to run next time. Supporting Romney now makes him look bad if Romney loses the presidential election. Continuing to fight Romney now would further anger potential future supporters. I'm hoping that, if he truely cares about the outcome of this election, he'll fully support Romney anyway.

The anti-Romney crowd should've gone with Ron Paul, IMO, will they do so now?

But anyways, I can certainly see most of the EV voting block to began to slowly coalesce around Romney now

Archived