urroner Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 (edited) I realize this might offend one or two. I am not comparing priesthood leader to Hitler, though in some cases..... I am also NOT saying that the Priesthood is in competition with the Relief Society, and that's because the PH would get it's butt kicked every month in most cases. These videos are just plain funny. Edited July 15, 2011 by urroner 1
Nathair/|\ Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 Now you've done it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5NXrxd_Vfw
BCSpace Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 (edited) An End Around The Godwin's Law!!!! Anyone who thinks any comparison with Nazis, Hitler, and the like are automatically examples of Godwin's Law doesn't know what Godwin's Law is and how it's applied."The rule does not make any statement about whether any particular reference or comparison to Adolf Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that the likelihood of such a reference or comparison arising increases as the discussion progresses."But seriously, as a Quorum President or Bishop, I would take no responsibility for overall hometeaching results whatsoever. I WOULD take responsibility for doing my own and teaching well others to do the same, but I don't accept guilt or responsibility for the actions of others of others if I've done my part. Edited July 15, 2011 by BCSpace
frankenstein Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 Urroner, better watch "Hitler, as "Downfall" producer, orders a DMCA takedown"
Ares Posted July 15, 2011 Posted July 15, 2011 This is utterly irreverent, distasteful and sophomoric.Well done! Carry on!
urroner Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 This is utterly irreverent, distasteful and sophomoric.Well done! Carry on!
urroner Posted July 15, 2011 Author Posted July 15, 2011 Urroner, better watch "Hitler, as "Downfall" producer, orders a DMCA takedown"Have you seen how good that Führerbunker scene is? Bruno Ganz does a great Hitler! :yahoo:
Ariarates Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 When I was a teenager reading about the Nazi's, I was struck by the similarities with LDS home teaching. Now that I have read up a bit about 19th century Utah block teaching, the similarities seem even more striking. Here's a link to the description in the Wikipedia. Just replace the negative phraseology with more neutral terms (or even LDS idiom).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockleiter
LeSellers Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 When I was a teenager reading about the Nazi's, I was struck by the similarities with LDS home teaching. Now that I have read up a bit about 19th century Utah block teaching, the similarities seem even more striking. Here's a link to the description in the Wikipedia. Just replace the negative phraseology with more neutral terms (or even LDS idiom).Yes, Satan has no creativity of his own: he must copy Father's plans and programs and corrupt them at every opportunity. Lehi
Jeff K. Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 This stuff cracks me up. Thanks for giving me a much needed smile.
Chetty Thomas Posted July 21, 2011 Posted July 21, 2011 How can we laugh at such an all time great, such as Adolf Hitler?
Pahoran Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 When I was a teenager reading about the Nazi's, I was struck by the similarities with LDS home teaching. Now that I have read up a bit about 19th century Utah block teaching, the similarities seem even more striking. Here's a link to the description in the Wikipedia. Just replace the negative phraseology with more neutral terms (or even LDS idiom).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlockleiterYes, I see that someone who is completely and unalterably hostile towards the Church of Jesus Christ might imagine that Home Teachers visiting members' homes to make sure the widows have enough firewood for the winter is indistinguishable from Nazis spying upon the population.Regards,Pahoran
Avatar4321 Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 When I was a teenager reading about the Nazi's, I was struck by the similarities with LDS home teaching. Now that I have read up a bit about 19th century Utah block teaching, the similarities seem even more striking. Here's a link to the description in the Wikipedia. Just replace the negative phraseology with more neutral terms (or even LDS idiom).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlockleiterI don't see the similarities at all.
Kenngo1969 Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 That's pretty good ... but I still like the version of that video with subtitles about Jimmer and Michelle Peralta the best ...
Mark Beesley Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 Funny stuff. Everyone who isn't chuckling, get out of the pool. NOW!!!
Ariarates Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 (edited) Yes, I see that someone who is completely and unalterably hostile towards the Church of Jesus Christ might imagine that Home Teachers visiting members' homes to make sure the widows have enough firewood for the winter is indistinguishable from Nazis spying upon the population.That's why I said to "replace the negative phraseology with more neutral terms (or even LDS idiom)". Edited July 22, 2011 by Ariarates
Ariarates Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 I don't see the similarities at all.The home teaching programme can be pretty effective at keeping tabs on the members (after all, that's what it was designed to do as per the D&C). If you ask me, it's hard not to see similarities with totalitarian systems of citizens spying on eachother and reporting eachother to the authorities. But there are differences as well - the main difference being, imo, that we as LDS are members, home teachers and church leaders all in one. It's the members watching over eachother, not a few snitches spying on behalf of some evil elite.
Ariarates Posted July 22, 2011 Posted July 22, 2011 Everyone who isn't chuckling, get out of the pool. NOW!!! Sound advice for the humour-impaired.
Jeff K. Posted July 23, 2011 Posted July 23, 2011 I loved the portion that asked for a volunteer to speak on Sunday and the uncomfortable silence. I have sat in a number of meetings that were almost as tense. I did have to turn the sound off though, the German kept telling one thing while I was reading another.
dan.sonso1 Posted July 26, 2011 Posted July 26, 2011 Hey everyone!I'm the creator of "Hitler on Home Teaching", and I just wanted to say thanks for the comments. This was a fun side-project to do last year, and I've made a few more on the YouTube channel as well. I wasn't sure how many views this one would get, but I posted it up just for fun along with a few others. There's still more sitting in my project folder though. If this and the others generate some interest like it has been, I'll keep makin' more. Feel free to post a comment, give a thumbs up, or whatever. I'm all up for any feedback.See you Sunday.
dan.sonso1 Posted July 26, 2011 Posted July 26, 2011 I loved the portion that asked for a volunteer to speak on Sunday and the uncomfortable silence. I have sat in a number of meetings that were almost as tense. I did have to turn the sound off though, the German kept telling one thing while I was reading another.Yes, this is one thing that makes these videos hard for me to make. I served in Hamburg, Germany a few years ago, and it's a blast to just make up new things, despite knowing exactly what they're all saying.
Jeff K. Posted July 26, 2011 Posted July 26, 2011 (edited) You should do something with Church basketball. It would be a riot.And its a great job. Edited July 26, 2011 by Jeff K.
Recommended Posts