Your Prayers Would Be Appreciated

ERayR

Hello ERayR...

May I be encouraging to you... my dear husband was diagnosed with colon cancer shortly after we moved up here to Oregon from San Francisco. (He had had some symptoms that required checking, and sure enough, colon cancer). We went back down to San Fran for his surgery to his regular doctors where he felt more comfortable. The diagnosis was made pretty early on, so the surgery was a matter of removing a section of his colon. He did not have to have a colonoscopy(?), but only a resectioning of his colon.

His follow-up treatment was a year of chemotherapy combined with some very strong meds (designed to prevent a reoccurance)...

He survived six years without any further colon problem, but succumbed unexpectedly to unrelated causes.

So... let me encourage you because there is every reason to approach this with a positive attitude. However, my prayers are with you and your dear wife.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Hello ERayR...

May I be encouraging to you... my dear husband was diagnosed with colon cancer shortly after we moved up here to Oregon from San Francisco. (He had had some symptoms that required checking, and sure enough, colon cancer). We went back down to San Fran for his surgery to his regular doctors where he felt more comfortable. The diagnosis was made pretty early on, so the surgery was a matter of removing a section of his colon. He did not have to have a colonoscopy(?), but only a resectioning of his colon.

His follow-up treatment was a year of chemotherapy combined with some very strong meds (designed to prevent a reoccurance)...

He survived six years without any further colon problem, but succumbed unexpectedly to unrelated causes.

So... let me encourage you because there is every reason to approach this with a positive attitude. However, my prayers are with you and your dear wife.

GG

Thank you for the encouraagement. I would not be so concerned ezcept she has other serious problems, diabetes and heart.

Thanks to all for the prayers.

My wife Vicki, companion of 52 years is scheduled for surgery for colon cancer Sat. morning at 8:AM MST. This on top of several other serious health problems.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Rogers

Will do, may Heavenly Father have compassion on you.

Vicki came through the operation well. The doctor removed the tumor and it had not spread to her liver. Waiting for results of lymph node biopsy to see if she is going to have to endure chemo.

Thanks again for the prayers.

A quick updat . We have been through some real scary days this last week. Do to Vicki's other health problems she is not strong. For a while water retention and her weakened condition from diabetes and heart problems, was bringing the very real possibility of pneumonia to the forefront. We did find that the lymph nodes were not infected and the last couple of days has seen significant improvement.

Thanks all.