-
Posts
1,378 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Peacefully
-
The caricature: Mormons wishing to "get their own planet"?
Peacefully replied to theplains's topic in General Discussions
I was assured by my friend, who introduced me to the church, that I would get my own planet. Talk about a bait and switch, lol. -
Mormons not Christian (according to new military list)
Peacefully replied to Nofear's topic in General Discussions
Apparently, the President called Glenn Beck and voila, the “Christian” category was removed. The President said 95% of “Mormons” voted for him and he wouldn’t forget that. https://fb.watch/HDmb-gFRXK/?mibextid=SphRi8 -
Another example of culture vs. doctrine.
-
I grew up in the Church of Christ where we used brother and sister a lot so it came naturally to me when I converted. However, I use it for those in the congregation I don’t know well. If I know the person I use their first name.
-
I just saw this: https://www.kget.com/news/local-news/hundreds-of-brighton-park-residents-protest-proposed-lds-temple-dimensions/
-
Having served as Young Women’s president during that 'nameless' period, I’m finding the new titles a bit of a jump. They seem to be trying quite hard to be profound, and I’m still deciding if they actually land well.
-
I hope this isn’t a precursor to resuming a 3- hr block. “This is too hard. There’s not enough time between meetings.” Pres. Oaks, “3-hr church it is.” Lol!
-
I love that show, especially Jonathan:)
-
Our church is no stranger to alternative lifestyles.
-
I wasn’t setting up a straw man, I was going with your talking point of same-sex couples not being able to procreate with each other, however they can create a family through adoption, surrogacy, etc. same as infertile heterosexual couples.
-
It really falls apart if you think about the straight couple in the church who can’t conceive “naturally” and end up adopting. Should they not be allowed in the temple?
-
Not sure I would go that far but there were racist leaders in the past.
-
I think an opportunity was missed to get a black man into the queue for prophet someday. I think there is some bias there, maybe subconsciously.
-
Mind blown, learning of women apostles for the first time.
Peacefully replied to Tacenda's topic in General Discussions
I have a hard time with the OT so I would pay for a copy of “Nehor Annotates the Old Testament”! -
Church discontinues Saturday evening session
Peacefully replied to JAHS's topic in General Discussions
-
Church lowers missionary age for women to 18
Peacefully replied to bsjkki's topic in General Discussions
I heard that it was because too many girls would go and would outnumber the priesthood holders. Somehow that was seen as a bad thing. Maybe because the girls couldn’t perform the ordinances. Idk. In a vacuum, people make up all kinds of theories. -
Can we play virtually, lol?
-
Yeah, he was not on my bingo card, lol, but I approve fwiw:)
-
anything can happen
