Bernard Gui Posted October 18, 2024 Posted October 18, 2024 (edited) ….just came in my email. Some wonderful broadcasts and conferences for a variety of members and groups, but none for Melchizedek Priesthood holders. I surely miss the General Conference Priesthood sessions. They were formative in my youth and adulthood. It was powerfully inspirational to meet with the world-wide body of the Priesthood. Edited October 18, 2024 by Bernard Gui 1
Calm Posted October 18, 2024 Posted October 18, 2024 Usually there is a link to read things online with emails from the Church. Is there one with this so the rest of us can see?
SeekingUnderstanding Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 (edited) 17 hours ago, Bernard Gui said: of the Priesthood. Is this accurate? I thought both women AND men exercised priesthood power and authority these days. Edited October 19, 2024 by SeekingUnderstanding
MustardSeed Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 (edited) 21 hours ago, SeekingUnderstanding said: Is this accurate? I thought both women AND men exercised priesthood power and authority these Edited October 20, 2024 by MustardSeed
MustardSeed Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 (edited) On 10/18/2024 at 7:01 PM, Bernard Gui said: ….just came in my email. Some wonderful broadcasts and conferences for a variety of members and groups, but none for Melchizedek Priesthood holders. I surely miss the General Conference Priesthood sessions. They were formative in my youth and adulthood. It was powerfully inspirational to meet with the world-wide body of the Priesthood. Changed my mind. Edited October 20, 2024 by MustardSeed
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 20 hours ago, Calm said: Usually there is a link to read things online with emails from the Church. Is there one with this so the rest of us can see? Hope this works. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/letters/letter?lang=eng&id=f2982aa9-5ddd-4bcc-9241-6361e2e7d634&cid=email-CCD_EM_OCL_1024_f2982aa9-5ddd-4bcc-9241-6361e2e7d634_Notice&mkt_tok=NzUyLUlOUS02NzQAAAGWO0g9OitQUYYvgIkEsgb2Z5G7ToAM7wJJrV4-Ywsz2qSTAP7lpJST2jUQzPwHkJd1JXZ4aCNFaiTpTTROLIUpYpA4GtceO_yV5JKK4MByL7M
Calm Posted October 19, 2024 Posted October 19, 2024 Unfortunately not. Last one that shows for me is July
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 3 hours ago, SeekingUnderstanding said: Is this accurate? I thought both women AND men exercised priesthood power and authority these days. Yes it is accurate, but please take your derail to another thread of your own creation. Thanks.
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 4 minutes ago, Calm said: Unfortunately not. Last one that shows for me is July https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/event/2025-churchwide-broadcast-events 1
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 6 hours ago, Dario_M said: Yeah. I also wanna see it. https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/event/2025-churchwide-broadcast-events
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 1 hour ago, MustardSeed said: We are not even in the ballpark. Please don't derail. Thanks.
Bernard Gui Posted October 19, 2024 Author Posted October 19, 2024 (edited) Perhaps someone has some inside information on why there have been no planned Church-wide events for Melchizedek Priesthood holders. Speaking only for myself, I have a strong yearning to "gather" with Priesthood brethren around the world. The first time I attended a General Priesthood session of Conference was my freshman year at BYU in 1964. When I walked into the GA Smith Fieldhouse and saw the place packed to the top with Priesthood holders and the Conference being broadcast on a huge screen, I felt for the first time (and not the last) that I was a part of something really important. It was at that session that the Holy Spirit bore testimony to me of the true calling of the President of the Church (David O. McKay) as a Prophet of God. Certainly that witness can be born at any time and in any place, but I have had many similar experiences over the decades in that very special meeting. Edited October 19, 2024 by Bernard Gui
Buckeye Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 On 10/18/2024 at 5:01 PM, Bernard Gui said: ….just came in my email. Some wonderful broadcasts and conferences for a variety of members and groups, but none for Melchizedek Priesthood holders. I surely miss the General Conference Priesthood sessions. They were formative in my youth and adulthood. It was powerfully inspirational to meet with the world-wide body of the Priesthood. I agree. One of the benefits I hope would accompany the ordaining of women would be a return of these priesthood meetings. We could also have meetings for brothers, just as there are now meetings for sisters. By limiting priesthood ordination to only men, we harm men and women.
Calm Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 (edited) 7 hours ago, Bernard Gui said: Perhaps someone has some inside information on why there have been no planned Church-wide events for Melchizedek Priesthood holders. Probably for the same reason they have only one targeted specifically for women, including young women turning 18. Grateful they are no longer including Primary girls, surprised not all of the Young Women, but think that is a good idea. Seems like they are quite focused on youth programs and reaching out to the youth with a minor focus on Family History with two broadcasts. Edited October 20, 2024 by Calm
Dario_M Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 9 hours ago, Bernard Gui said: https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/event/2025-churchwide-broadcast-events Thank you
Bernard Gui Posted October 20, 2024 Author Posted October 20, 2024 9 hours ago, Buckeye said: I agree. One of the benefits I hope would accompany the ordaining of women would be a return of these priesthood meetings. We could also have meetings for brothers, just as there are now meetings for sisters. By limiting priesthood ordination to only men, we harm men and women. Another derail. This is not a discussion about the sisters having or not having the Priesthood. Thanks.
Bernard Gui Posted October 20, 2024 Author Posted October 20, 2024 (edited) 9 hours ago, Calm said: Probably for the same reason they have only one targeted specifically for women, including young women turning 18. Grateful they are no longer including Primary girls, surprised not all of the Young Women, but think that is a good idea. Seems like they are quite focused on youth programs and reaching out to the youth with a minor focus on Family History with two broadcasts. I understand and applaud the emphasis on youth and YSA. 1 is 100% more than 0. 🙂 Edited October 20, 2024 by Bernard Gui
Buckeye Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 39 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said: Another derail. This is not a discussion about the sisters having or not having the Priesthood. Thanks. Bernard, this is your thread so I’ll make one final post and step aside. IMO, the church’s decision to stop holding General Priesthood Sessions is inextricably tied to our policy of excluding women from ordination. The sessions were stopped when the OW movement drew unwanted media attention to the exclusion by those sisters attempts to attend the Priesthood session. I don’t see the sessions starting again until women are ordained. Do you a different reason for the stoppage? 3
Bernard Gui Posted October 20, 2024 Author Posted October 20, 2024 (edited) 7 minutes ago, Buckeye said: Bernard, this is your thread so I’ll make one final post and step aside. IMO, the church’s decision to stop holding General Priesthood Sessions is inextricably tied to our policy of excluding women from ordination. The sessions were stopped when the OW movement drew unwanted media attention to the exclusion by those sisters attempts to attend the Priesthood session. I don’t see the sessions starting again until women are ordained. Do you a different reason for the stoppage? Such a sad commentary on our times. I don’t believe I could possibly disagree more. Edited October 20, 2024 by Bernard Gui
Dario_M Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 (edited) 38 minutes ago, Buckeye said: Bernard, this is your thread so I’ll make one final post and step aside. IMO, the church’s decision to stop holding General Priesthood Sessions is inextricably tied to our policy of excluding women from ordination. The sessions were stopped when the OW movement drew unwanted media attention to the exclusion by those sisters attempts to attend the Priesthood session. I don’t see the sessions starting again until women are ordained. Yeah argee. It's sad that woman can't recieve the priesthood. Still to this day. We live in 2024 for heaven sakes. Edited October 20, 2024 by Dario_M 3
Dario_M Posted October 20, 2024 Posted October 20, 2024 (edited) Thank you Peacefully and SeekingUnderstanding. 🩵 Edited October 21, 2024 by Dario_M
Bernard Gui Posted October 22, 2024 Author Posted October 22, 2024 (edited) On 10/20/2024 at 8:30 AM, Dario_M said: Yeah argee. It's sad that woman can't recieve the priesthood. Still to this day. We live in 2024 for heaven sakes. Brother Dario, For many decades there was a wonderfully inspiring Saturday night session of General Conference where the brethren of the Priesthood (Aaronic and Melchizedek) were instructed in their callings and responsibilities by the General Authorities and specifically the Prophet. It was discontinued, thus my observation that there are no longer any conferences, events, or gatherings for the body of the Priesthood of the Church like there are for other groups. I sincerely wish there were. I believe men need this kind of fellowship too. The Levitical (or as we know it today the Aaronic) Priesthood was limited to the ancient Levites (men). The Melchizedek Priesthood was a higher order given to prophets and others in authority. Both were restored to the earth by God through Joseph Smith. The Melchizedek Priesthood is neither a social club nor any other entity created by man (meaning the human race). It is the Holy Priesthood After the Order of the Son of God, as eternal as God himself, and the power by which he creates and governs worlds. It is through this authority that the Church is governed today. Those who receive it were foreordained by God in the pre-mortal existence. He decides to whom it is given, not us. If you are concerned that women do not hold the Aaronic or Melchizedek Priesthoods, you might want to open a discussion about the Patriarchal Order. See…. Edited October 22, 2024 by Bernard Gui
Dario_M Posted October 22, 2024 Posted October 22, 2024 1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said: Brother Dario, Yes brother Bernard Gui. 1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said: For many decades there was a wonderfully inspiring Saturday night session of General Conference where the brethren of the Priesthood (Aaronic and Melchizedek) were instructed in their callings and responsibilities by the General Authorities and specifically the Prophet. It was discontinued, thus my observation that there are no longer any conferences, events, or gatherings for the body of the Priesthood of the Church like there are for other groups. I sincerely wish there were. I also wish there were. I want to uderstand why womans may not receive the priesthood both Aaronic as Melchizedek, dus i wanna observate how sensitive this matter is for all the females among us. 1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said: The Leviticall (or as we know it today the Aaronic) Priesthood was limited to the ancient Levites (men). The Melchizedek Priesthood was a higher order given to prophets and others in authority. Both were restored to the earth by God through Joseph Smith. Thanks to God who has revealed this rule to Joseph Smith. How nice. 1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said: The Melchizedek Priesthood is neither a social club nor any other entity created by man (meaning the human race). It is the Holy Priesthood After the Order of the Son of God, as eternal as God himself, and the power by which he creates and governs worlds. It is through this authority that the Church is governed today. Those who receive it were foreordained by God in the pre-mortal existence. He decides to whom it is given, not us. I understand. So that means that God have decided that men should receive the priesthood and woman simply just don't receive the priesthood. And God has the last word about this matter. 1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said: If you are concerned that women do not hold the Aaronic or Melchizedek Priesthoods, you might want to open a discussion about the Patriarchal Order. See You mean that i need to make a topic about it? Oh no i don't think that is nessacery. If it is Gods will for woman that they don't receive the priesthood then it should be. I rest my case 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now