Beautiful Flower Thread

We've got a music thread and movie thread, so in honor of Spring's beginning this year, why not a flower thread?

I'll start out with a photo which was featured on Bing for 21 March 2021, which is 

A glimpse of the Blue Forest

"What colour do you normally associate with a forest? You might say green, but Belgium's Hallerbos forest is sometimes called the Blue Forest, for obvious reasons. For about 10 days every year, usually in late April or early May, this very old forest floor is transformed as bluebell hyacinths wake up from their winter slumber and carpet it in blue."

f0d819aa936ede33967d670fae0461a2.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful, Stargazer... when I was still able to really garden (too arthritic now at age 80), I used to marvel at the colors and varieties of flowers and plants... in fact it was a testimony builder in God and his love for us and the beauty he gives us every day... the same for the world of animals with its number and varieties of species.   Now I garden in a few containers on my patio where before my whole yard was ablaze with each season, but it was spring and summer that were glorious... My Charlie-cat used to love to follow me around the yard as I worked... he'd throw himself down on the cool grass, chattering at the hummingbirds as they went from flower to flower gathering pollen until they could hardly fly... when I'd be watering by hand, I'd spray the water upward and the hummers would joyfully dart in and out of the spray, the water glistening in the sun.  Those were wonderful days... now I have a yard team that keeps things trimmed, etc.  Looks really nice and my hard work was worth it...

GG 

20 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

That's absolutely beautiful, Stargazer...

Those flowers above are bluebells, by the way. Oddly enough, when I saw those flowers in the photo, I instantly thought of @bluebell, and figured I just had to start this thread.

20 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

when I was still able to really garden (too arthritic now at age 80), I used to marvel at the colors and varieties of flowers and plants... in fact it was a testimony builder in God and his love for us and the beauty he gives us every day... the same for the world of animals with its number and varieties of species.   Now I garden in a few containers on my patio where before my whole yard was ablaze with each season, but it was spring and summer that were glorious... My Charlie-cat used to love to follow me around the yard as I worked... he'd throw himself down on the cool grass, chattering at the hummingbirds as they went from flower to flower gathering pollen until they could hardly fly... when I'd be watering by hand, I'd spray the water upward and the hummers would joyfully dart in and out of the spray, the water glistening in the sun.  Those were wonderful days... now I have a yard team that keeps things trimmed, etc.  Looks really nice and my hard work was worth it...

GG 

I love hummingbirds -- they are my favorite bird! 

Sorry you can't garden like you used to! I've always disliked gardening, but when forced to do it, I've always appreciated the look of things after it was done.

On 3/21/2021 at 3:54 PM, bluebell said:

Gorgeous!  I love mountain bluebells.  They are my favorite wildflower.

The bell flowers were some of my favorites...

GG