Seriously No Politics ×

Music

poptart

24 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Well, if I wasn't feeling down before, this opened the door. I need a bit more " happy " in my music. 

Try on some Jesse Cook

It really isn't sad. Voluspa tells the creation of the world.  Here's one of my favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 350px; height: 470px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=2891937725/size=large/bgcol=ffffff/linkcol=0687f5/tracklist=false/track=3840143389/transparent=true/" seamless><a href="http://deepelmdigital.com/album/fighting-starlight">Fighting Starlight by Benton Falls</a></iframe>

Here's a real cool cover of Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb".  I like this cover better than the Floyd version -- it is better executed in my opinion, and since I dislike the original lyrics, not being able to understand the singer is a big plus!  Alaa Wardi's channel has some really good a capella covers of popular songs (many in English and French, too).  Wardi is the singer on this track.  The lead guitarist really knocks it out of the park on the solo.

I can't help myself...  Here's another one from Alaa Wardi's group Hayajan.  I think this is an original composition -- I don't recognize the tune, and the lyrics are in Arabic again.  But this is a beautifully played/sung song:

Some of you may enjoy this delightful rendition of an old Lutheran children’s “morning song.”   It’s performed by a German group called “The Payfords”.  They use authentic early instruments to embellish their modern take.  It has entranced me.

“Arise dear little children, the morning star shines brightly, appearing like a hero and illuminating the entire world....ye children should in this star recognize Christ our Lord., Mary’s son, the true refuge, who enlightens us through his word....”

4 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I can't help myself...  Here's another one from Alaa Wardi's group Hayajan.  I think this is an original composition -- I don't recognize the tune, and the lyrics are in Arabic again.  But this is a beautifully played/sung song:

4 hours ago, Stargazer said:

My GOD I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!!  This is why i stick around you people are awesome!!!!!!

More musical goodness!

5 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Really nice!  I don’t know what he’s singing about, but it “feels” soulful and is...at least to me...moving.

9 hours ago, Okrahomer said:

Really nice!  I don’t know what he’s singing about, but it “feels” soulful and is...at least to me...moving.

If Prof. Peterson shows up perhaps he can tell us what it's about.

• 2 weeks later...