Jump to content

New topic for the next 6 months?


Duncan

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Duncan said:

Does anyone know what the new topic is for the next six months is? previously it was about Ministering and previous to that was Sabbath day-Thank you!

You mean for priesthood meeting 4th Sundays?  If nothing else that changes Jan 1:

"The 50-minute elders quorum meetings, on the second and fourth Sundays, focus on messages from the most recent general conference. Teaching suggestions are found in the May and November issues of the Ensign and Liahona, at LDS.org, and in the Gospel Library app for mobile devices. First-Sunday council meetings will be discontinued; however, as needed, elders quorums may use part of a quorum meeting to counsel about a specific topic."

https://www.lds.org/manual/come-follow-me/individuals-and-families/sabbath-day?lang=eng&cid=rdb_v_sabbath_eng

Until then I believe the topic is still ministering.  At least I can't see anything that says it's been changed from that.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Does anyone know what the new topic is for the next six months is? previously it was about Ministering and previous to that was Sabbath day-Thank you!

The "special" 1st and 4th PH/RS meetings are done away with the new 2 hour block.  Instead, PH/RS just teach from GC.  

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ksfisher said:

You mean for priesthood meeting 4th Sundays?  If nothing else that changes Jan 1:

"The 50-minute elders quorum meetings, on the second and fourth Sundays, focus on messages from the most recent general conference. Teaching suggestions are found in the May and November issues of the Ensign and Liahona, at LDS.org, and in the Gospel Library app for mobile devices. First-Sunday council meetings will be discontinued; however, as needed, elders quorums may use part of a quorum meeting to counsel about a specific topic."

https://www.lds.org/manual/come-follow-me/individuals-and-families/sabbath-day?lang=eng&cid=rdb_v_sabbath_eng

Until then I believe the topic is still ministering.  At least I can't see anything that says it's been changed from that.

Until the start of this new program in the new year. So, on the 4th sunday, Oct-Dec. I was under the impression that it's every six months that we change to a new topic

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Duncan said:

Until the start of this new program in the new year. So, on the 4th sunday, Oct-Dec. I was under the impression that it's every six months that we change to a new topic

I guess I misunderstood because Oct-Dec is only 3 months in the US, not 6.  We in the US should really get on board with the rest of the world and go metric.  😊

Looking on LDS.org I don't see a change.

 

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, ksfisher said:

I guess I misunderstood because Oct-Dec is only 3 months in the US, not 6.  We in the US should really get on board with the rest of the world and go metric.  😊

Looking on LDS.org I don't see a change.

 

hahaha! it is 6 months but not Oct-Dec. which is what is remaining in the year! but I haven't heard anything about if we are doing something different than talking about ministering on the 4th Sunday

Link to comment

Yesterday I happened across a memo in Gospel Library (I think under RS Come Follow Me 2018) that said we are to discuss individual and family scripture study on fourthSundays for the rest of the year.  Predictable, I suppose, considering how the new curriculum will work.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Traela said:

Yesterday I happened across a memo in Gospel Library (I think under RS Come Follow Me 2018) that said we are to discuss individual and family scripture study on fourthSundays for the rest of the year.  Predictable, I suppose, considering how the new curriculum will work.

 

You're right.  Lds.org is still showing ministering, but the gospel library app has been updated.  If I remember right, 6 months ago they were updated at different times as well.  Thank you for finding that.

Link to comment
17 hours ago, Duncan said:

hahaha! it is 6 months but not Oct-Dec. which is what is remaining in the year! but I haven't heard anything about if we are doing something different than talking about ministering on the 4th Sunday

We're talking about the 2 hour block (and the change to more personal and family study). I imagine November and December will be the same.

Edited by mnn727
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...