Seriously No Politics ×

The Flawed Conceit of "The Book of Mormon" Musical

2 hours ago, kiwi57 said:

No.

And if not, how shameful is it to make the accusation?

You will have to ask Robert as I did.  I was asking him his view on the subject.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Raymond Ellis said:

The 'Book of Mormon' Musical is a bad sign of the degeneration of the Mormon Church. 1Nephi 22:23 is about a warning of churches built up to be popular in the eyes of the world.

Are you under the impression the Church created this musical?

And are using this flawed impression to condemn the Church?

Edited by The Nehor
3 hours ago, Raymond Ellis said:

The 'Book of Mormon' Musical is a bad sign of the degeneration of the Mormon Church. 1Nephi 22:23 is about a warning of churches built up to be popular in the eyes of the world.

Are you of the opinion that the Book of Mormon musical shows the Church in a positive way and is leading to the Church being more popular?

On 11/17/2017 at 7:17 AM, smac97 said:

I concede that the play is hilarious.  That seems to be the general consensus.

Hilarious only if your sense of humor never developed past the eighth grade. Well, maybe the ninth. Constant repetition of the f-word, scatologisms, potty mouth, and body functions and parts aren’t really that funny. They are facile, untalented, puerile, and unimaginative ways to get cheap laughs.

Edited by Bernard Gui
On 1/13/2018 at 7:39 PM, Bernard Gui said:

Hilarious only if your sense of humor never developed past the eighth grade. Well, maybe the ninth. Constant repetition of the f-word, scatologisms, potty mouth, and body functions and parts aren’t really that funny. They are facile, untalented, puerile, and unimaginative ways to get cheap laughs.

So now that you've told us about its good points, what don't people like about it?

On 11/14/2017 at 1:10 PM, smac97 said:

By way of example, consider Star Trek: The Next Generation, one of my favorite childhood TV shows, which involved future spacefaring humans who traveled to the far reaches of the galaxy and regularly interacted with other species who were usually remarkably similar in form and appearance to humans, and also spoke English

They used a device called the universal translator similar to Dr Who's TARDIS, and the Babel fish.

I thought everybody knew that.

Edited by cdowis
17 hours ago, cdowis said:

They used a device called the universal translator similar to Dr Who's TARDIS, and the Babel fish.

I thought everybody knew that.

My favorite episode of all time......a translator was useless.....

http://www.startrek.com/database_article/darmok