Come on everybody Pray for Irma

rodheadlee

Perhaps if we all pray for Irma to change course Heavenly Father will hear our prayers and spare Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. I like the course projected by one institute where she follows the eastern edge of the Gulf Stream. Our prayers were answered for Hurricane Patricia last year, so be it for Irma this year. 

Rod..  I was talking to my sis this morning (she's in Joplin. MO), and we noted that we have fire, flood, and earthquake all across our country... all of which are more intense than ever experienced before... Harvey was the "1000 year" flood... Irma is close behind... Mexico has an 8.1 magnitude quake (the biggest in 100 years)...  The Pacific Northwest is on fire...  is there a message here?  Do ya think?

My prayers will be with those in Irma's path... and I think Jose is forming...

GG

44 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

Rod..  I was talking to my sis this morning (she's in Joplin. MO), and we noted that we have fire, flood, and earthquake all across our country... all of which are more intense than ever experienced before... Harvey was the "1000 year" flood... Irma is close behind... Mexico has an 8.1 magnitude quake (the biggest in 100 years)...  The Pacific Northwest is on fire...  is there a message here?  Do ya think?

When it cranks up to a level never known before worldwide, I will pay more attention...or when our prophets say 'this is it'.

There have been more devastating events in the past, for example:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakatoa

We are much better at noticing what is going on in the rest of the world then we used to be, though still not that great in my opinion (all of these disasters are in North America, I saw on one message board how a few people are keeping track of earthquakes...for Utah and California; why not the rest of the world?  If I was into this kind of stuff, Israel and the midEast would be where I focused.)

38 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Yes there is a message. Repent, make way for the Lord.Put on sackcloth and ash, mourn for the earth and all those who have no hope of a glorious ressurection.

But everyone has hope of a glorious resurrection as they may yet repent.  All will in fact be resurrected and almost all to a kingdom of glory, very, very few will be sons of perdition.

All the more reason to repent, Imo.

Edited by Calm
9 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

Perhaps if we all pray for Irma to change course Heavenly Father will hear our prayers and spare Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. I like the course projected by one institute where she follows the eastern edge of the Gulf Stream. Our prayers were answered for Hurricane Patricia last year, so be it for Irma this year. 

I live in just outside Atlanta, Georgia. It would seem I am in it's crosshairs, by then it will be a tropical storm, with winds of 60-70 MPH. From what I know the South and East, winds are the worst. All of my very large and tall trees are on the South and East of my home. So I am hoping and praying for it to turn. I am also hoping and praying that it turns away from Flordia and Georgia altogether. Wish me luck, or blessing, I will take either. 

1 hour ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I live in just outside Atlanta, Georgia. It would seem I am in it's crosshairs, by then it will be a tropical storm, with winds of 60-70 MPH. From what I know the South and East, winds are the worst. All of my very large and tall trees are on the South and East of my home. So I am hoping and praying for it to turn. I am also hoping and praying that it turns away from Flordia and Georgia altogether. Wish me luck, or blessing, I will take either. 

I will certainly pray for you Papa.

15 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I will certainly pray for you Papa.

Another thing, that will and already is happening is cars running out of fuel on the interstates. For those who do not know much about Flordia, I-75 on the West, and I-95, run right along the coast. Because Florida is 500+ miles long, no car can get that far on a single tank of gas. Also, gas stations are out of gas, because of demand. These poor souls will be trapped, many without food, and drinking water. My son has a friend who gave up and went home after sitting on I-95, for two hours without moving. I fear this storm will have a serious death tool. I pray that I am wrong, but thousands are already stranded and can't even get home, but even home could cost them their lives. I pray that God will help them, and even more to the point, children, the homeless, those hospitalized, even those in jail, so many who cannot take care of themselves. Not to mention another hurricane is looming in the East. :( 

6 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

So I can't believe it, only 2 or 3 of us have the Faith to pray to change the course of a hurricane? or do you all believe these things must needs be?

2 or 3 is all that's needed...if the prayed-for outcome aligns with God's will.

Edited by hagoth7
On 9/8/2017 at 1:10 PM, Calm said:

But everyone has hope of a glorious resurrection as they may yet repent.  All will in fact be resurrected and almost all to a kingdom of glory, very, very few will be sons of perdition.

All the more reason to repent, Imo.

I refer you to D&C 42:45