Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was banned from the thread..so I don't know why...just that if I offended anyone..I apologize.  This was the Stake President thread...duh..what did I do??

Thanks..Jeanne

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment

Panic, bend over and say, "well this is a fine mess you got yoruself into, skipper."

Or, grin and launch a new thread like this one. 

I think you chose wisely. :0)

Was there something there you'd like to discuss here?

Edited by hagoth7
Link to comment
1 hour ago, hagoth7 said:

Panice, bend over and say, "well this is a fine mess you got yoruself into, skipper."

Or, grin and launch a new thread like this one. 

I think you chose wisely. :0)

Was there something there you'd like to discuss here?

Not really...it is just that I can't make amends if I don't know what I did..it happens a lot.  I am thinking that though life isn't fair..that others get more of some fair play than I do..just wanted to know why. 

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Not really...it is just that I can't make amends if I don't know what I did..it happens a lot.  I am thinking that though life isn't fair..that others get more of some fair play than I do..just wanted to know why. 

Understood. I'm in a similar boat. Not so much in forum discussions, but IRL interractions. Like you, I would much prefer to have understood (and be understood). 

42 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

...I am thinking that though life isn't fair..that others get more of some fair play than I do..just wanted to know why. 

Understood. And I agree that in the short term, it sure doesn't seem fair. 

In the long term, I think it evens out, and then some. Especially if we extract from seeming unfairness something worthwhile. BTW, my apology for not getting back with you on something important. I plan to do that before I call it a night. Also I was slated to be in your town Saturday for a family occasion, and had hoped to say hi over lunch, but was told yesterday that they had narrowed the circle of who was invited,

As to wanting to know why....are you referring specifically to being excluded from the thread? Or not?

Edited by hagoth7
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, hagoth7 said:

Understood. I'm in a similar boat. Not so much in forum discussions, but IRL interractions. Like you, I would much prefer to have understood (and be understood). 

Understood. And I agree that in the short term, it sure doesn't seem fair. 

In the long term, I think it evens out, and then some. Especially if we extract from seeming unfairness something worthwhile. BTW, my apology for not getting back with you on something important. I plan to do that before I call it a night. Also I was slated to be in your town Saturday for a family occasion, and had hoped to say hi over lunch, but was told yesterday that they had narrowed the circle of who was invited,

As to wanting to know why....are you referring specifically to being excluded from the thread? Or not?

I have had this happen to me before..and not understanding.  The last time I wrote in social to ask why on another banned thread..they took it down.  I don't really feel picked on and I know this is a mormon board..but I have always tried to put across feelings with kindness or use emoji's to let people know that there are no hard feelings.  Somebody reporting a lot on me and I guess they want me to go. No other way to look at this as others here say far more damaging things to each other here.:P  If I upset USU78...I apologize..but wow...he comes off strong so it is hard not to respond and I keep defending others.  It is all good.. whatever.  Just know that I value the friendships I do have on here...don't mean to be the local pain in the arse.

Thanks for the info...we will have to make a plan sometime ...best to you and have a wonderful visit at lunch!!

 

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

...it is hard not to respond and I keep defending others.

I like your style. :0)

46 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

...Just know that I value the friendships I do have on here...don't mean to be the local pain in the arse.

You're not a pain. At all. 

As to why you got booted, who knows. I suggest just tearing out the rearview window on that, and moving on to other things.

The powers that be here simply don't respnd to question as to why they boot someone from a thread. They're supposedly volunteers, and the back and forth on that not only consumed a lot more time, but more often than not produced more heartache for some participants than simple silence. So you're left to guess...or better yet, just shrug it off and move onto something else.

Nothing to take personal. Because it's thumb-to-the-wind 99.42% certain it wasn't personal. Mods here don't tend to be petty.

46 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

...we will have to make a plan sometime ...best to you and have a wonderful visit at lunch!!

I would like that very much, and will try to drop a line should I return to that area. That valley is where my forefathers settled long ago. My favorite couple among them was buried there...and had previously hauled stone in their wagon to build that temple. If you don't mind, please nod, smile, or give a wee wave to it for me from time to time, for what they and others did to help build it. You mght even enjoy entering, to stand or sit and read/reflect with the scriptures every temple provides for review there. Peace. :0)

Edited by hagoth7
Link to comment
1 hour ago, hagoth7 said:

I like your style. :0)

You're not a pain. At all. 

As to why you got booted, who knows. I suggest just tearing out the rearview window on that, and moving on to other things.

The powers that be here simply don't respnd to question as to why they boot someone from a thread. They're supposedly volunteers, and the back and forth on that not only consumed a lot more time, but more often than not produced more heartache for some participants than simple silence. So you're left to guess...or better yet, just shrug it off and move onto something else.

Nothing to take personal. Because it's thumb-to-the-wind 99.42% certain it wasn't personal. Mods here don't tend to be petty.

I would like that very much, and will try to drop a line should I return to that area. That valley is where my forefathers settled long ago. My favorite couple among them was buried there...and had previously hauled stone in their wagon to build that temple. If you don't mind, please nod, smile, or give a wee wave to it for me from time to time, for what they and others did to help build it. You mght even enjoy entering, to stand or sit and read/reflect with the scriptures every temple provides for review there. Peace. :0)

Oh...that Temple..in full moon atop any hill here is so awesome..there is a bench that I walk to to reflect on things..it is just outside the gates.  Like you,.I will always value and love my heritage.  For the life of me..I will never understand the strength it took and planning for all these old Temples here back in day.  Peace

 

Edited by Jeanne
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Oh...that Temple..in full moon atop any hill here is so awesome..there is a bench that I walk to to reflect on things..it is just outside the gates.  Like you,.I will always value and love my heritage.  For the life of me..I will never understand the strength it took and planning for all these old Temples here back in day.  Peace

 

My son lived right by the Logan Temple before moving to Idaho. It's my favorite temple, beautiful! I'm sorry you were banned. I was banned quite a bit for several threads, but I usually deserve it. :( 

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

My son lived right by the Logan Temple before moving to Idaho. It's my favorite temple, beautiful! I'm sorry you were banned. I was banned quite a bit for several threads, but I usually deserve it. :( 

It is a beautiful Temple and at Christmas it is awesome.  Yeah..pain in the bazookas we are Tacenda...I just think everybody is in my living room and I can say what I want..:P

Link to comment
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

I could tell you why, but you need to be a 33rd degree Mason  ( and a Danite ) . You have just one hurdle to overcome , and given the topic of the thread you were banned from,  it is just a bit ironic. :ph34r:

Okay...okay..we will leave it at that.  What qualifications would a Danite need???  :D

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Okay...okay..we will leave it at that.  What qualifications would a Danite need???  :D

You must be from the tribe of Dan or know someone who is from that tribe. Next you must have been left off of some important list like Dan was in Revelation 7. Personally I was not chosen for my little league team. Then you must become expert in a lethal weapon and a non lethal weapon. I picked becoming a bee wrangler because , bees are ...well... you know... two birds , one stone. Then you must remember the first rule about the Danites...don't talk about the Danites...oops !

Link to comment
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 10:45 AM, Jeanne said:

I was banned from the thread..so I don't know why...just that if I offended anyone..I apologize.  This was the Stake President thread...duh..what did I do??

Thanks..Jeanne

Look at your post history in your profile.
If the MODs made a comment you will be able to see it there without revisiting the thread.
If the MODs banned you without comment you can see your last post in that thread and determine what might have been offensive.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

Look at your post history in your profile.
If the MODs made a comment you will be able to see it there without revisiting the thread.
If the MODs banned you without comment you can see your last post in that thread and determine what might have been offensive.

Thanks...tried that ..I will look again..heya..JLHPROF..you guys are meaner to each other...you don't need my help..:P  In any case, I have apologized and hope that any offense will be forgiven. 

Link to comment
On July 20, 2017 at 0:45 PM, Jeanne said:

I was banned from the thread..so I don't know why...just that if I offended anyone..I apologize.  This was the Stake President thread...duh..what did I do??

Thanks..Jeanne

It has happened to all at one time or another. This is a board devoted to discussing matters of Faith, as such passions run high, which is always a formula that requires moderation, or mods. If strongly held beliefs do not require passion, they are not "strongly held beliefs". Heaven forbid that we lose our passion and discuss these matters like we are discussing the weather. We all do our best, and then move on, as is with life. Because even in life we often give offense without knowing why, there are highs and lows, their is love and laughter, their is joy and sorrow...we always seek to know why, but often never do. 

Sorry for what happened, just move forward, your voice (or keypad :)) is no less important than any other.

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...