Your heartsong scripture

hagoth7

If your brass/gold/NT plates were wrested from you today, and you marched off with only one passage with you, one mustard-seed treasure to plant/nurture...which passage, for you, would ithat be?

For me, the closing sentence in the opening chapter of Nephi, beginning from the point "But behold.. "

...the key passage I have kept with me from the days when a kind heart and I would walk and talk (but not chew gum) and memorize a thing or three.  

For you?   (...if you deem sharing yours here appropriate)

Edited by hagoth7

I vacillate between two: Alma 12:9,10 and DC 121:45,46

Alma 12:9,10

9 And now Alma began to expound these things unto him, saying: It is given unto 
many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict 
command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word 
which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and 
diligence which they give unto him.

10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser 
portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given 
the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the 
mysteries of God until he know them in full.

DC 121:45,46

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the 
household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; 
then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the 
doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from 
heaven.

46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an 
unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall 
be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it 
shall flow unto thee forever and ever.

Psalms 37:
1 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou aenvious against the workers of iniquity.
  2 For they shall soon be acut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
  3 aTrust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
  4 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the adesires of thine heart.
  5 aCommit thy bway unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
  6 And he shall abring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
  7 Rest in the Lord, and wait apatiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
  8 aCease from banger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
  9 For evildoers shall be acut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the bearth.
  10 For yet a alittle while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
  11 But the ameek shall inherit the bearth; and shall cdelight themselves in the abundance of peace.
7 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I vacillate between two: Alma 12:9,10 and DC 121:45,46

I did too, in a sense. In my case, it wasn't a matter of choosing between two favorite passages, because for me, it wasn't about favorites. It was instead the lengthy process of trying to chart a viable course that factored in two *seemingly* conflicting commands. Plus accounting for and reckoning with what appeared to be a conflicting model from another inspired source. 

You might make a different choice. I wish you well with whatever path you eventually choose, pave, or blaze. 

Edited by hagoth7

Mine keeps changing, depending upon the season of my life.

As a boy attending First Lutheran Church in Ketchikan, Alaska, my favorite scripture was Matthew 7:7-8: 7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

Now, watching the sun hovering on the horizon, I am grateful for the scripture 2 Nephi 10:2 "For behold, the promises which we have obtained are promises unto us according to the flesh; wherefore, as it has been shown unto me that many of our children shall perish in the flesh because of unbelief, nevertheless, God will be merciful unto many; and our children shall be restored, that they may come to that which will give them the true knowledge of their Redeemer."

As I watch with patience, my faith is encouraged that this verse is true.

Edited by Meerkat

I have three.

Isaiah 61:3-

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified."

Isaiah 42:6-

"I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee,..."

Helaman 5:12-

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty stormshall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.