Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Feedback option now more noticeable


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have noticed a change, though I don't know when it occurred, in the placement and wording asking for comments and suggestions on the manuals.  They have always been there in my memory.  It has now become much more obvious.

First page of the manuals now look like they will include this:

Quote

 

Your comments and suggestions about this book would be appreciated. Please submit them to:

Curriculum Development 50 East North Temple Street Salt Lake City, UT 84150-0024 USA Email: pth-development@ldschurch.org

Please give your name, address, ward, and stake. Be sure to include the title of the book. Then offer your comments and suggestions about the book’s strengths and areas of potential improvement.

 

 

https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-gordon-b-hinckley/title-page?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/title-page?lang=eng

Not all have them in the easiest to access form for the online versions, but the few I checked of the current ones do.

The older ones have them as their first page in the book, only you need to download the whole book to view as a PDF to see it.  They have changed the email address.

http://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/scripture-and-lesson-support/teachings-of-the-presidents-of-the-church-joseph-smith/2007-01-00-teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-joseph-smith-eng.pdf?download=true

It would appear not all publications have this.  Daughters of  My Kingdom seems to be lacking.  Will check my hard copy in a bit.

Even if one can't find it in the book, there is the universal feedback link on every page of LDS.org,which leads to this:

https://www.lds.org/tools/feedback/?lang=eng&id=11340

You have even the choice to give feedback anonymously.  And you have the choice of someone getting back to you to discuss your comment.

-----

Have any of you proposing the Church needs to be better at historical information ever written either snail mail or email your criticisms and ideas before?  Do you intend to now?  If not, why not?

Posted

I like it.  I hope members will see this and give their ideas and thoughts. 

Posted
Just now, Calm said:

I have noticed a change, though I don't know when it occurred, in the placement and wording asking for comments and suggestions on the manuals.  They have always been there in my memory.  It has now become much more obvious.

First page of the manuals now look like they will include this:

 

https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-gordon-b-hinckley/title-page?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/title-page?lang=eng

Not all have them in the easiest to access form for the online versions, but the few I checked of the current ones do.

The older ones have them as their first page in the book, only you need to download the whole book to view as a PDF to see it.  They have changed the email address.

http://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/scripture-and-lesson-support/teachings-of-the-presidents-of-the-church-joseph-smith/2007-01-00-teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-joseph-smith-eng.pdf?download=true

It would appear not all publications have this.  Daughters of  My Kingdom seems to be lacking.  Will check my hard copy in a bit.

Even if one can't find it in the book, there is the universal feedback link on every page of LDS.org,which leads to this:

https://www.lds.org/tools/feedback/?lang=eng&id=11340

You have even the choice to give feedback anonymously.  And you have the choice of someone getting back to you to discuss your comment.

-----

Have any of you proposing the Church needs to be better at historical information ever written either snail mail or email your criticisms and ideas before?  Do you intend to now?  If not, why not?

i did once a few years ago and got a nice response. I think the issue was about mixed marriages and a quotation from Pres. Kimball

Posted

I've written several times --- about stories or examples that are incorrect or undocumented historically.  Or about ideas presented as doctrines when they aren't.  Or about words that could be read as hurtful.   I always get a nice response saying they'll look at it for any rewriting the manual/document is involved in.   On one occasion, they wrote and said the story would be removed from an electronic version as soon as they figured out how to do that without disturbing the rest.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...