MormonLeaks attorney responds to Church

JAHS

MormonLeaks attorney responds to LDS Church ‘take down notice’

I especially like this part:

"At this point, my client is willing to let bygones be bygones. If your client is willing to step
back from the brink, and to cease efforts to censor this material, my client is willing to
refrain from bringing a claim under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f). Even better, my client is willing to
be the instrument of the LDS Church claiming more moral high ground by doing away
with the secrecy and embracing transparency."

Isn't that nice of them to offer to do that?  :rolleyes: 

Yes, it warms the heart.

If the letter had been kept out of view, as a private, privileged matter between plaintiff and respondent, it might conceivably have had the effect it suggests.  However, by publicizing the response in detail, along with what amounts to a challenge, "bring it on!", and a threat, it might actually firm up the intention to sue.

Which of course what might be intended!  I have no doubt that MormonLeaks seeks to do the Church as much damage as it can.

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Read the whole letter. What patronizing garbage. Did this guy's lawyer really think this letter was a good idea?

The lawyer is apparently well known for such things and much worse.  I wonder if he was sought out ( if so, they are definitely going for publicity) or if he volunteered.  As far as the lawyer's purposes, I suspect he thinks it is brilliant.  More free advertising for him.

8 hours ago, Calm said:

The lawyer is apparently well known for such things and much worse.  I wonder if he was sought out ( if so, they are definitely going for publicity) or if he volunteered.  As far as the lawyer's purposes, I suspect he thinks it is brilliant.  More free advertising for him.

I may now know the guy's name but even if I agreed with the lawyer on this case reading that letter would lead me to never hire him.