Jump to content

Missing Emails - Myldsmail.net


Joe

Recommended Posts

I write a missionary friend serving in Chile every week (almost) without fail. This young man is someone that I helped prepare to go one a mission and it is important for me to support him. 

I hadn't received a reply back from him in a few weeks and just thought he was having busy p-days and didn't have time. Well, today I finally received an email from him. In the message he expressed concern because he hadn't heard from me in a long time and wanted to know how I was doing.

I am upset about this! Why would my emails be vanishing into thin air? Has anyone had this problem with sending missionaries emails?

BTW - I am a software engineer, so please don't think I don't know how to send an email properly. 

Link to comment

Is he not checking his junk mail folder?  I've had my email for years and some of my mom's emails still go to junk mail.

Link to comment
On 1/5/2016 at 2:16 PM, Joe said:

I write a missionary friend serving in Chile every week (almost) without fail. This young man is someone that I helped prepare to go one a mission and it is important for me to support him. 

I hadn't received a reply back from him in a few weeks and just thought he was having busy p-days and didn't have time. Well, today I finally received an email from him. In the message he expressed concern because he hadn't heard from me in a long time and wanted to know how I was doing.

I am upset about this! Why would my emails be vanishing into thin air? Has anyone had this problem with sending missionaries emails?

BTW - I am a software engineer, so please don't think I don't know how to send an email properly. 

I don't know, but perhaps you could contact LDSTech about it?

A software engineer are you?  So am I -- well, I prefer the term "computer programmer", and there's a few others here, too.

Link to comment

I have had problems sometimes emailing my missionary daughter from gmail. I switched to my hotmail account and that seems to work. I know myldsmail is hosted by google so I don't know if that could cause a problem (I'm pretty clueless about these things)  TBH I think myldsmail is a bit glitchy.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, busybee said:

I have had problems sometimes emailing my missionary daughter from gmail. I switched to my hotmail account and that seems to work. I know myldsmail is hosted by google so I don't know if that could cause a problem (I'm pretty clueless about these things)  TBH I think myldsmail is a bit glitchy.

 

Thanks, I have read a few complaints on the web saying the same thing. I'm emailing from google as well, which doesn't make any sense. I suppose I'll try sending from another domain this week and see if I can reach him. 

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I don't know, but perhaps you could contact LDSTech about it?

A software engineer are you?  So am I -- well, I prefer the term "computer programmer", and there's a few others here, too.

I've been developing software for over a decade, but recently made a change into management. Maybe that's why I can't send email correctly anymore.

Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

Thanks, I have read a few complaints on the web saying the same thing. I'm emailing from google as well, which doesn't make any sense. I suppose I'll try sending from another domain this week and see if I can reach him. 

Perhaps send him from multiple domains for a couple of weeks and see which works best.

Link to comment
On 1/8/2016 at 11:28 AM, Joe said:

I've been developing software for over a decade, but recently made a change into management. Maybe that's why I can't send email correctly anymore.

Oh, you're funny!  I don't think your developer brain will atrophy that quickly.  It usually takes a couple of years before it becomes evident.  When you do a code review and suddenly you don't understand what is happening in the code then you'll know that the time has come.

I have deliberately avoided getting into management.  I will retire as a coder.  Only two years left for that!

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...