Seriously No Politics ×

Introductions for older members and new.

Tacenda

Just thought we might need a place for intro's, if possible, a pin on it.  

Mine is that I'm female, live in Utah, or the Mormon belt, married in the temple, believer my entire life until now, I've struggled to know if the church is true after learning unsavory church history about 9 or so years ago. Use to wonder why, when I'd hear of others leaving the church because of it, now I know the why.  I might be an ex Mormon if it hadn't been for this board and their showing me some different ways to look at that history.   

I still wonder if the church is as good as it looks.  Is God tricking us?  Testing is a better word for it.  Because for all intents and purposes, it does look good.  Maybe not feel good for everyone. I really glean from the spiritual experiences of others, since mine are a rare occurrence.   

And I might be forever on a quest for truth, but can't seem to accept the so called truth yet. Everyone has their different stages of belief, and that's okay in my book. 

9 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I might be an ex Mormon if it hadn't been for this board and their showing me some different ways to look at that history.  

:air_kiss:

I think we've all learned a lot on this board and different perspectives on things.  That's why I keep coming back.  Love the knowledge.

I was surprised at this return by the outreach of a few here.  Thanks for that!

If there was such a thing as a premortal existence and if there is such a place of as heaven, humans are herders, we come from, exist here and go to families within extended families ... communities.

Coincidence? Ships that pass in the night?  I think not.

One big dysfunctional family?  I think so.

On December 29, 2015 at 1:23 PM, Tacenda said:

Just thought we might need a place for intro's, if possible, a pin on it.  

Mine is that I'm female, live in Utah, or the Mormon belt, married in the temple, believer my entire life until now, I've struggled to know if the church is true after learning unsavory church history about 9 or so years ago. Use to wonder why, when I'd hear of others leaving the church because of it, now I know the why.  I might be an ex Mormon if it hadn't been for this board and their showing me some different ways to look at that history.   

I still wonder if the church is as good as it looks.  Is God tricking us?  Testing is a better word for it.  Because for all intents and purposes, it does look good.  Maybe not feel good for everyone. I really glean from the spiritual experiences of others, since mine are a rare occurrence.   

And I might be forever on a quest for truth, but can't seem to accept the so called truth yet. Everyone has their different stages of belief, and that's okay in my book. 

In my experience, people leave the Church out of a lack of faith....(IMHO) spending more time reading the Internet, than the scriptures. Also more time on the on the Internet than praying. Also more time at home on Sunday when they rob themselves of uplifting messages, while seeking out the negative. 

Edited by Pa Pa

40 year-old male
Originally from Washington State, now living in Independence, MO
LDS for 19 years- starting at age 7. Mission to Argentina 1994-1996
Fundamentalist Mormon (The Righteous Branch/Peterson Group) for a few years
RLDS Restorationist next
Fairly independent now, though still loosely associated with the Restoration Branches, I have adopted a Hebrew Roots approach to my beliefs and worship
I still know the Book of Mormon is true scripture and true history.

47 year old female

BIC

Lived mostly in Utah, but have spent time in various other places. Now I live in Mesa, AZ.

Went on mission in 89-90 to the Houston and Houston East missions.

Married, SAHM of 2 teens and one 21yo.

The past two years have been a little rough for me. I panicked over something  personal a few days before leaving UT and between that and other things I began to doubt answers from the Lord. It was pretty scary because answers always came easy for me. Now I am slowly finding my way back to Him and I'm finding gifts through it all that I rarely and sometimes never had before. 

something about taking that step out of the ring, into the darkness and being left there for a moment.  Very hard stuff, hang in there with those teens and young adult went by fast so far huh!  When they are all in their 30's its down right shocking.