Would Like Clarification On Rules

DBMormon

I recently posted a thread in the news sharing my podcast interview with Brian Hales.  It was locked with the explanation that I can not promote money making ventures.

Which I can understand if I could possibly get some questions answered to better understand why this was out of line

1.) Is there a way to share episodes that would be good discussion topics on the board without getting them locked?

2.) Fair seems to be promoted here and they too ask for donations and get money (I am currently in the process and have applied already to be a 510C3)?  Are we admittedly biased (which is your prerogative) or am I violating the rules  because of some way I am acting differently than them?

Edited by DBMormon

I recently posted a thread in the news sharing my podcast interview with Brian Hales.  It was locked with the explanation that I can not promote money making ventures.

Which I can understand if I could possibly get some questions answered to better understand why this was out of line

1.) Is there a way to share episodes that would be good discussion topics on the board without getting them locked?

2.) Fair seems to be promoted here and they too ask for donations and get money (I am currently in the process and have applied already to be a 510C3)?  Are we admittedly biased (which is your prerogative) or am I violating the rules  because of some way I am acting differently than them?

Fair is a nonprofit are you? 

Fair is a nonprofit are you? 

yes.  Paperwork has all been filed and based on law and the word of my lawyer I am permitted to inform donors that their donations are charitable as of my filing date.  I have a tax id number and expect formal announcement from Uncle Sam in January.  I am already considered tax exempt by the great state of ohio and all federal 501(C / 3) paperwork has been filed.

Edited by DBMormon

and no clarification comes?  Hey Mods... any thoughts on my questions?  Thank you.  Also there should be a spot on the site where I can easily locate and message moderators.  rather than search for them in the directory.

and no clarification comes?  Hey Mods... any thoughts on my questions?  Thank you.  Also there should be a spot on the site where I can easily locate and message moderators.  rather than search for them in the directory.

I have learned that there are many ways to get mod attention. Let me know if you need some pointers.

They are busy and to my acknowledgment work for free and with little thanks...and do not like being called out publicly. Also listing other's blog or site is one thing, pushing your own is another. Even 501c pay a salery to the owner, board members, fund computers and keep the lights on.