Can Evil Happen Without Man?

LOSTONE

I am not asking if the devil can exist without man. The devil is very much real and is alive without the need of man to keep him alive.

I am not asking if evil can exist without man. If the devil exist, so does evil. For the devil is the original creator of evil.

I am asking without man, can evil happen? Meaning this... The devil is real and the devil is evil, but that real evil can ( or can not ) happen without man giving into the devil’s temptations and in turn, making evil happen. What if man never gave into the devil’s temptations. Could the evil that is real actually happen beyond just being in or apart of the devil? The devil tempts me to swear and insult others. That is evil, but if I choose not too give into that temptation, can that evil actually happen? It can exist with in or apart of the devil, but if the temptation is not accepted and given into, can it happen?

I am not sure if I can explain my question clear to a point others may understand it or not. I hope others can understand what I am trying to ask. I know many are wiser than me and so hopefully others do understand my question and can enlighten me with an answer.

If evil can not happen without man, than is man to be more feared than the devil simply because man is the one who makes evil happen and the devil only tempts man with evil options?

I am not asking if the devil can exist without man. The devil is very much real and is alive without the need of man to keep him alive.

I am not asking if evil can exist without man. If the devil exist, so does evil. For the devil is the original creator of evil.

I am asking without man, can evil happen? Meaning this... The devil is real and the devil is evil, but that real evil can ( or can not ) happen without man giving into the devil’s temptations and in turn, making evil happen. What if man never gave into the devil’s temptations. Could the evil that is real actually happen beyond just being in or apart of the devil? The devil tempts me to swear and insult others. That is evil, but if I choose not too give into that temptation, can that evil actually happen? It can exist with in or apart of the devil, but if the temptation is not accepted and given into, can it happen?

I am not sure if I can explain my question clear to a point others may understand it or not. I hope others can understand what I am trying to ask. I know many are wiser than me and so hopefully others do understand my question and can enlighten me with an answer.

If evil can not happen without man, than is man to be more feared than the devil simply because man is the one who makes evil happen and the devil only tempts man with evil options?

In LDS Theology Satan(The Devil) is not the creator of evil. But he does entice us to do evil.

Who is Stan?

It's just a bad joke.

In Mormon theology sin exists and always has, just as truth/light exists and always has.  There is required to be opposition in all things.

Lucifer gave up light and chose sin (becoming Satan).  Sin entered the world through the fall, but it existed prior to the creation of man, because Satan existed before the creation of man.

Even when those of this creation (Satan and his minions) are all destroyed, there will still be the option in the universe to select darkness over light.  And as eternities progress onward, opposition will continue, especially in other fallen earths.

If evil is disobedience to truth and light, and man is the only creation we know of with agency, then I suppose evil would have no expression on mortality without the agency we exercise.