Seriously No Politics ×

The Trinity

Samurai Jack

Alexander ,

A yoke is not and egg, it's part of an egg.

The yoke is "egg" ... the yoke is not "pineapple" ...

Jesus is not God, he is part of God. (which is not consistent with the creed itself)

Jesus is fully God ... Jesus is not part God ... Jesus is divine

Alexander ,

And what? You want me to just copy and paste Kevin Graham's response?

I thought you might read the thread ... Kevin preferred saying a spirit that that can "appear in any form" in place of the words "pure spirit". See post below:

Pure spirit

Well, for one thing, I'm not continuing someone else's debate with you. If you have a point to make with me, do so, quit sending me to other debates as if I can jump in at any point. I'm not reading the entire thread multiple times (so I completely understand both views) than continuing on where it left off.

Alexander ,

Jesus is not God, he is part of God. (which is not consistent with the creed itself)

Is "yolk" fully egg? Is it a complete egg? Is it a whole egg? Would anyone say that an egg yolk is an egg?

The analogy does not fit the creed.

T-Shirt

Alexander ,

Which is exactly my point, using the egg analogy, calling Jesus fully God when he is part of God makes no sense. Just like calling part of an egg a full egg when it is part of an egg.

Anyway move on. Your not getting anywhere with this one.

PS: No man of any science will affirm your theory that "The yoke is 'egg'". The yoke is yoke, which is in an egg.

T-Shirt ,

Is "yolk" fully egg? Is it a complete egg? Is it a whole egg? Would anyone say that an egg yolk is an egg?

The analogy does not fit the creed.

The analogy fits the creed if you understand what divinity is ...

Would you agree that "egg yolk" is not "milk" ...

Explain how "God" is used in this verse:

2 Corinthians 5

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

T-Shirt  ,

If you want to say it is a mystery, and we can't understand the things of God, I can accept that, however please, then admit that you don't understand it either and stop telling me it is simple.

The apostles said it was a mystery. The idea that their is one God is not hard to understand. Mormonism teaches three Gods.

an eggshell..well you will be eating part of the egg...regardless it doesnt matter how you say it...it is still part of an egg....yeah a shell you wouldnt just say an egg but an egg shell....just like God is a Spirit...and Jesus is in human form..you have two items from part of one....

Now you

Alexander
Now you
my question has not been answered.....

Tell me...how much power does God have?

This much.

*outstretches arms as wide as they go.

(lots)

This much.

(lots)

that tells us how much He loves us...now please tell me how much power does God have?

"lots" sounds limited...so are you saying God is limited?

Here is a link that should explain the Trinity simply.  It is relatively short.

http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/GODA22.htm

Can you really say that this makes the trinity simple to understand? He uses simple words and he makes it short, but it makes it no more comprehensible. The only thing in this that is clear and simple to understand is this statement:

Perhaps the deepest, the most profound of all mysteries is the mystery of the Trinity. The Church teaches us that although there is only one God, yet, somehow, there are three Persons in God.

I maintain that no one really understands how this doctrine works or how to visualize it, they accept it on faith and hope to understand it when they get to heaven. That is okay, I just tire of people who tell me it is simple when they can't explain it either. Can anyone answer my request?

Johnny says:

The analogy fits the creed if you understand what divinity is ...

Would you agree that "egg yolk" is not "milk" ...

And my stapler is not a pelican. What is your point?

The creed says very clearly:

1-The Father is God

2-The Son is God

3-The Holy Ghost is God

You have clearly stated as well as many other trinitarians (is it okay to use the word "trinitarian"? I really don't want to sound disrespectful) that each is "Fully God", so using the analogy, this would have to be an accurate statement:

1-Egg Shell is fully an egg

2-Egg yolk is fully an egg

3-Egg White is fully an egg

The analogy doesn't work. I am really not trying to make that big a deal over a simple analogy, I aprecite the effort and it was a good try, but it doesn't make the trinity any more comprehensible, nor does it fit.

T-Shirt

This much.

(lots)

that tells us how much He loves us...now please tell me how much power does God have?

I don

oh oh...you missed what I said...

yeah I know the Mormons believe that Jesus is a god....

but you believe He is NOT the same God as the Father, right?

In the old testment and the verses I gave out....does it harmonize with only ONE God is worshipped?

Sure it does. The documentation is all over the place.

You do understand that my beliefs have nothing to do with the trinity right? I don't mind if we change topic because the trinity topic was going nowhere to begin with, I just want to make sure you are aware of that fact.

As long as Jack doesn't mind if you hijack his thread of course.

T-Shirt said: "Can you really say that this makes the trinity simple to understand? He uses simple words and he makes it short, but it makes it no more comprehensible"

If you seek to understand something, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten your mind as you seek to study it out and understand it. He will bless you.

Can we understand everything there is to know? Of course not, because our human minds are limited. God is above us. We may not totally comprehend everything, but we can come to an elementary understanding. Will this understanding come to us immediatedy? Probably not. As we grow in the Spirit and in faith, our understanding will grow too. My understanding of many things did not come to me overnight, but eventually that light bulb came on and it was "Oh yeah, now I get it".

T-Shirt said: "Can you really say that this makes the trinity simple to understand? He uses simple words and he makes it short, but it makes it no more comprehensible"

If you seek to understand something, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten your mind as you seek to study it out and understand it. He will bless you.

Can we understand everything there is to know? Of course not, because our human minds are limited. God is above us. We may not totally comprehend everything, but we can come to an elementary understanding. Will this understanding come to us immediatedy? Probably not. As we grow in the Spirit and in faith, our understanding will grow too. My understanding of many things did not come to me overnight, but eventually that light bulb came on and it was "Oh yeah, now I get it".

If you don

Alexander  writes,

Incorrect. THe egg analogy covers any one member of the trinity's relation to God.

The egg analogy covers the following aspects of the Trinity

- one God ... one egg in its unity

- three distinct persons ... the three distinct parts of the egg (for example the yoke is not the shell)

- one divine nature in three distinct persons ... each distinct part of the egg is "egg stuff" or "egg substance" or "egg nature"

Alexander  writes,

No trinitarian will say The Father is the son, but they will say The Father is God.

Which means that the Father is the divine substance ... just like "the yolk" is egg substance.

T-Shirt  writes,

1-Egg Shell is fully an egg

2-Egg yolk is fully an egg

3-Egg White is fully an egg

Try this ...

1-Egg Shell is fully egg substance or nature

2-Egg yolk is fully egg substance or nature

3-Egg White is fully egg substance or nature

T-Shirt  writes,

The analogy doesn't work.

The analogy does work ...

Do you think the word "God" is used exactly the same throughout scripture?

Again I ask could you explain how "God" is used in this verse:

2 Corinthians 5

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

This much.

(lots)

I don

So if that is the case...why cant He send His Spirit and become Man? Which says so in the Bible. God sent HIS spirit and became Man. The Word became flesh. God came and dwelt among us.

Can He do this or not?

This is an easy question it is a yes or a no

I have never stated that God couldn't do something.

So the answer is yes.

The trinity could very well be true, it doesn't make any sense, but it could be true.

Archived