Seriously No Politics ×

The Trinity

Samurai Jack

Spirit is the thing that lives on after we die and the thing we were in the form of before our earthly existence.

Faith is the belief in "things hoped for but not seen".

so we were born in heaven (before on earth) as flesh and bones?

Spirit only.

Spirit is the thing that lives on after we die and the thing we were in the form of before our earthly existence.

Faith is the belief in "things hoped for but not seen".

so we were born in heaven (before on earth) as flesh and bones?

Spirit only.

but didnt you say...we were flesh and bones? is it spirit or flesh and bones?

spirit only? ok...so why is it so hard to think that God isnt a spirit that can be everywhere at once?

but didnt you say...we were flesh and bones?

If I did, I was probably drunk. Ignore.

spirit only?  ok...so why is it so hard to think that God isnt a spirit that can be everywhere at once?

4) God has no need to be everywhere at once. If he can see, hear, affect things at any distance than there is really no need to occupy all space.

3) I personally view heaven as a physical and real place (not the magical world of the twilight zone) and look at it with that mentality. If our spirit occupies a particular medium than the portion of that medium cannot be occupied by anything else. To say God is occupying all space, that would include the space that other spirits occupy.

2) God can speak to man face to face. (Ex. 33: 11)

1) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church with a living prophet and continuing revelation. Joseph Smith saw God in the form of a man with Jesus Christ.

Who knows the minds of the ECFathers? The Roman Catholic Magesterium, as the ECF's were the RC church's early leaders.

Is a Roman Catholic Dominican monk considerd part of the Magisterium?

http://www.jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQ_theosis.shtml#vajda

If I did, I was probably drunk. Ignore

lol ok...

4) God has no need to be everywhere at once. If he can see, hear, affect things at any distance than there is really no need to occupy all space.

to me that could mean he could occupy all space if he can see, hear, and affect.

This really doesnt answer what I said though...I said, "spirit only? ok...so why is it so hard to think that God isnt a spirit that can be everywhere at once?"

3) I personally view heaven as a physical and real place (not the magical world of the twilight zone) and look at it with that mentality. If our spirit occupies a particular medium than the portion of that medium cannot be occupied by anything else. To say God is occupying all space, that would include the space that other spirits occupy.

Who said that anybody believed in heaven in a magical world of the twilight zone? And who said that people dont believe heaven to be physical and real? I didnt...nowhere do I see this...I have been there so I know it is real...this has nothing to do with what I am saying....this doesnt mean God cant be everywhere at once....

God spoke to man face to face when He was in the form of Jesus....have you forgot to read the passage that says no man has ever seen God?

1) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church with a living prophet and continuing revelation. Joseph Smith saw God in the form of a man with Jesus Christ.

I will just bite my tongue on this....do you think I believe that JS to be a true prophet?

but just assume....God is all powerful...God can do anything. Last night a poster posted some things about ancient paintings? couldnt it be that JS just misunderstood? Oh and for the record...the Holy Spirit/Ghost...how can that being be in the flesh and bones? What does He look like? Does He have a beard and long hair?

to me that could mean he could occupy all space if he can see, hear, and affect.

This really doesnt answer what I said though...I said, "spirit only? ok...so why is it so hard to think that God isnt a spirit that can be everywhere at once?"

Who said that anybody believed in heaven in a magical world of the twilight zone? And who said that people dont believe heaven to be physical and real? I didnt...nowhere do I see this...I have been there so I know it is real...this has nothing to do with what I am saying....this doesnt mean God cant be everywhere at once....

God spoke to man face to face when He was in the form of Jesus....have you forgot to read the passage that says no man has ever seen God?

I will just bite my tongue on this....do you think I believe that JS to be a true prophet?

but just assume....God is all powerful...God can do anything. Last night a poster posted some things about ancient paintings? couldnt it be that JS just misunderstood? Oh and for the record...the Holy Spirit/Ghost...how can that being be in the flesh and bones? What does He look like? Does He have a beard and long hair?

you asked for the reasons why I found it hard to believe that God is pure spirit that is everywhere, those are the reasons.

I can't be here much today however.

you asked for the reasons why I found it hard to believe that God is pure spirit that is everywhere, those are the reasons.

I can't be here much today however.

ok no problem....enjoy your day...dont work too hard.

Is a Roman Catholic Dominican monk . . .

http://www.jefflindsay.com/LDSFAQ/FQ_theosis.shtml#vajda

"Father Vajda notes in his introduction that "those who sought to deny the label 'Christian' to the LDS Church were, more often than not, the very same people who would turn around and attempt to deny this label to the Catholic Church - with the same reasons being used in both instances to justify the conclusion." Knowing the flaws in the reasons used to attack Catholics allowed Father Vajda to also see the flaws in the attacks on Latter-day Saints. I hope others will also see through the attempts of our critics to exclude us as Christian for having a restored, Biblical doctrine about the divine potential of human beings, a destiny enabled by the grace of Jesus Christ. "

I checked out the article about antidepressant usage with the archive search in the Los Angeles times and it checks out. As I experienced major depression while I was in the church, I fully understand the article and the pressure LDS women are under. I have also seen statements from LDS church leaders debunking the study, which is to deny the experience of many LDS women.

Generally I don't like to view such sites, because they are peppered with the posters own commentary; however it is unfortunate that there are many teachings/doctrines not revealed up front to investigators or new members, because when they are found out, they do matter. I have also noticed a culture difference between Utah mormons and LDS elsewhere. Many of the Utah LDS are very much aware of the more controversal elements of their religion and tend to embrace them more than other LDS.

Archived