Church Owns 2% Of Florida

Freedom

• 2 weeks later...

They purchased the timberland for the lumber. Once it is lumbered it will be used for agriculture or cattle ranching. 

It should be re-planted.

As an ecologist I believe the church is way out of order when it comes to the natural environment. I don't think they have a clue to be honest.

So much for exercising stewardship over the earth.

No wonder we are under condemnation.

In FL has a great reputation for sound environmental practices.    And the way the land has been managed for years is clear and replant.  It is timberland.   What makes you think it will be cattle or something else?   It isn't in an area that is really conducive to growing grass.

• 2 weeks later...

It should be re-planted.

As an ecologist I believe the church is way out of order when it comes to the natural environment. I don't think they have a clue to be honest.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Alan, when you complain/murmur about the Church not being a good steward over the lands it owns, what evidence, other than personal opinion, do you know that the Church is doing that makes it clueless when it comes to natural environment?  I'm all ears.

It should be re-planted.

I tend to disagree.  Who is to say which environment is better (timber or grassland).  The environment is ever changing even when left to itself.  A good steward is not one who leaves it unchange but one who leaves it better than when he found it.

I tend to disagree.  Who is to say which environment is better (timber or grassland).  The environment is ever changing even when left to itself.  A good steward is not one who leaves it unchange but one who leaves it better than when he found it.

One is always open to the question which is better?

Archived