Ghost Stories

boblloyd91

Hello all, in the spirit of Halloween I was wondering if anybody had any good ghost stories? I'm especially curious to hear from returned missionaries about mission folklore/urban legends. I have a few that I could share, but I want to see if this thread gets any attention.

Hello all, in the spirit of Halloween I was wondering if anybody had any good ghost stories? I'm especially curious to hear from returned missionaries about mission folklore/urban legends. I have a few that I could share, but I want to see if this thread gets any attention.

The scariest book I ever read was Son of the Endless Night by John Farris. About every 15 minutes of reading I had to get up and look around just to make sure everything was alright.

Edited by thesometimesaint

I have one that I've shared on this board a year or so ago in a similar thread... I'll share it again because it is a really good one and from a person that I truly trust... but for now... I HAVE TO GO WATCH BYU MEN'S BASKETBALL starting at 6:00 PM... While it is only an exhibition game, it's still my Cougars!!... Go Cougars!  (I'm actually a little nervous for them, this being the first real game, and they have so many new players).

GG

The scariest book I ever read was Son of the Endless Night by John Farris. About every 15 minutes of reading I had to get up and look around just to make sure everything was alright.

The other night as I was watching TV (it was pretty late), I heard something hit the exterior wall... it made me nervous so I actually went and got my gun and walked around checking everything.  I think it was just a critter going over my gate (6' wooden gate/fence around my yard).   

My neighbor told me that she looked out after hearing some noise and there was a mother bear and two cubs in her garbage! 

But I know that feeling of going around checking...

GG

These aren't "ghost stories," per se, but ... http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/58972-exorcism

I might've seen the ghost of Jimmer Fredette last night.  (How 'bout them Cougs?!)

I was curious if anyone in their mission had stories about a faith healer who touched a missionary's sprained ankle which immediately healed. However the mission president later had to cast out an evil spirit due to this contact. I know that story went around my mission in Iowa when I was there.

Okay... I've had my Sunday afternoon nap... so I've come on here to see what you all are up to... and decided to tell my ghost story as mentioned earlier...

I had a very dear friend that told me about this, and I trust him... who he is and how he told it, I accept it as factual...

My friend and his wife had rented a fairly new condo, and had been moved in for a few months.  The condo had hardwood floors.  One night they were awakened by the sound of footsteps downstairs.  They could hear the steps coming up the stairway to where their bedroom was.  So he quickly got his gun out of the nightstand, and pulled his wife down beside him on the farthest side of the bed from the doorway.  Their cat was now alert and standing at the foot of the bed peering toward the doorway in an alert stance.  My friend pointed the gun at the doorway and waited...

The footsteps came down the hall and finally stopped in front of the doorway... but no one was there.  The cat leaned forward, staring intently at the doorway... silence.  They were in those positions for about a minute or so...  no other sound was heard, and finally the cat relaxed and went back to its spot and layed down again.  They got up, turned on all the lights and searched every room in the condo... nothing.  The doors were locked and all was in order.

Things went along normally for a couple of months... then one night they were again awakened by the sound of footsteps... my friend put his wife down behind the bed again... but this time he sat on the foot of the bed facing the doorway, his gun resting in his lap.  Once again the footsteps could be heard as they came up the stairway... once again the cat stood at the foot of the bed, alert, facing the doorway... and once again the footsteps stopped at the doorway... This time the cat jumped down from the bed and walked over to the doorway, completely at ease, sat down, looking upward.  Finally the cat started weaving back and forth... the way cats do when rubbing against something.  After  a moment the cat stopped, and slowly walked back toward the bed, only pausing once to look over its shoulder toward the door, then jumped up on the bed and went and layed down again.  My friend once again turned on all the lights and did a thorough search, and again

all was in order.  They never again heard the footsteps and not long after that they moved from the condo. 

When my friend told me about this (during one of our conversations about life and life after death), he remarked how strange the cat's behavior was to feel so comfortable to jump down and go to the doorway and behave the way she did since it was only the second time.  I said... how do you know it was only the second time?  No cat would behave that way unless it was completely comfortable, and you don't know what happened when you were away at work... the look on his face was priceless... he had never considered that their might have been activity when they were away...

Anyway, he never had that type of experience again... but the memory and emotion of it was still very vivid... as for me... even with my belief about the afterlife, etc., I have no explanation for the many similar reports from others about such experiences...  

from the beach on a lazy Sunday evening...

GG