Seriously No Politics ×

An Interesting Puzzle

Jews and Muslims have a lot in common...Moses, Jesus as a Prophet, dietary laws, OT.

Yes, a couple dozen knuckleheads have made life very hard for both Sunni and Shia Muslims in the US and abroad. Think about how many millions of innocents have died as a result of 9/11 and the military/industrial/conservative christian propaganda machine. Here where I live, it did not have much effect, but in the Mid West, certain elements are extremely abusive and harsh, just like they were to the Mormons early on.

What about for those of us who get sick if we don't?

I live in a house full of vegetarians, and it has reduced my consumption of meant about 90%. Still, my vegetarian housemate and I had New York Steak, rare last night. You have to eat enough of it to keep you healthy. Remember, D&C 89 says eat meat sparingly, not stop eating it. :)

I live in a house full of vegetarians, and it has reduced my consumption of meant about 90%. Still, my vegetarian housemate and I had New York Steak, rare last night. You have to eat enough of it to keep you healthy. Remember, D&C 89 says eat meat sparingly, not stop eating it. :)

I get extremely weak if I go vegetarian these days. It is very annoying to me because I was vegetarian for awhile when I was younger (and unmarried) and would prefer to be that way nowadays if my husband was willing to go along...he's not, but I might be able to convince him if I didn't tend to start passing out when I try to eliminate meat from my diet.

Yes, a couple dozen knuckleheads have made life very hard for both Sunni and Shia Muslims in the US and abroad. Think about how many millions of innocents have died as a result of 9/11 and the military/industrial/conservative christian propaganda machine. Here where I live, it did not have much effect, but in the Mid West, certain elements are extremely abusive and harsh, just like they were to the Mormons early on.

Was not aware Christians started 9/11? Also am not sure of the "millions".

I get extremely weak if I go vegetarian these days. It is very annoying to me because I was vegetarian for awhile when I was younger (and unmarried) and would prefer to be that way nowadays if my husband was willing to go along...he's not, but I might be able to convince him if I didn't tend to start passing out when I try to eliminate meat from my diet.

I have a medical condition that requires me to take steroids sometimes...I get mean without meat when that happens.

Was not aware Christians started 9/11?

I don't believe the "knuckleheads" she was referring to were Christian, merely that as a result of these "knuckleheads" actions on 9/11 (and perhaps at other times?), certain things occurred with the "military/industrial/conservative christian propaganda machine".

I don't believe the "knuckleheads" she was referring to were Christian, merely that as a result of these "knuckleheads" actions on 9/11 (and perhaps at other times?), certain things occurred with the "military/industrial/conservative christian propaganda machine".

Oh, I see...

Just saying; I don't think it is advisable to stop eating meat unless you are very skilled with nutrition, and I am not. Quinola (pron. Queemwa) is a good source of protien, but now we are finding that the production and marketing of it in the Andeas makes it so the locals can not afford to eat it.

Not being in a positon to speak with authority, you don't have to do what I say. :) However, I used to have IBS and TMJ very badly and the Doctors tried all sorts of things. As it turned out, I just needed a divorce. A marriage of 40 years, should have ended at 5, but we both thought we were doing the right thing.

My roomates insist that processed food, (anything in a box or a bag) is evil because of all the preservatives and dyes in it. For example, Yellow #5 in boxed noodle products, which I love, is shown to cause cancer. Yallah ! More and more it seems the good food will kill me! :)

Oh, I see...

I should have been clearer. The knuckleheads I was refering to were the Wahabbist Muslims. Even the tribe of Saud, who run Saudi Arabia, has recognized that a radical faction of Islam has caused a great deal of pain in the world, and still do, in spite of lots of re-training they are doing in KSA. The death of 3000 people on 9/11, 10% Muslim, Millions of innocents world wide have died as a result of waking the sleeping dragon. In addition, over 900 first responders at 9/11 have died also with an undetermined number yet to die.

Sorry, I got off topic.

My roomates insist that processed food, (anything in a box or a bag) is evil because of all the preservatives and dyes in it. For example, Yellow #5 in boxed noodle products, which I love, is shown to cause cancer. Yallah ! More and more it seems the good food will kill me! :)

Yes, but what a way to go...:)

I'll give up my bacon when they pry it from my warm, greasy fingers. 8)

Bacon is just the tip of the iceberg. Have you ever had fried pork skin... the real skin? You can find it in authentic Mexican restaurants. Tastes awesome, although you'll lose a year of your life for every plate. And carnitas can be used for some really good (as in tasty) tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas, sandwiches like pulled pork sandwiches, etc.

I do like cow meat the best, but pig meat comes in at a very close 2nd.

Bacon is just the tip of the iceberg. Have you ever had fried pork skin... the real skin? You can find it in authentic Mexican restaurants. Tastes awesome, although you'll lose a year of your life for every plate. And carnitas can be used for some really good (as in tasty) tacos, burritos, enchiladas, chimichangas, sandwiches like pulled pork sandwiches, etc.

I do like cow meat the best, but pig meat comes in at a very close 2nd.

Corn torteas made by hand and cooked on a piece of car fender by a native indian woman in Honduras were the best I ever had! :)

There is a huge difference for me between milk from cows that are given hormones for increased production and hormone free milk. Same thing with eggs.
I don't think it is advisable to stop eating meat unless you are very skilled with nutrition, and I am not.
I studied up on it in depth and even did the protein combining...which nowadays nutritionists say is unnecessary at the same meail.

Corn torteas made by hand and cooked on a piece of car fender by a native indian woman in Honduras were the best I ever had! :)

I believe that. Homemade corn tortillas are delish. Same with homemade flour ones.

There is a huge difference for me between milk from cows that are given hormones for increased production and hormone free milk. Same thing with eggs.

I studied up on it in depth and even did the protein combining...which nowadays nutritionists say is unnecessary at the same meail.

I was raised on raw milk from field fed cows. Yumeeee!

Well, let's see. Since I am not Muslim any more, I started heating bacon again. Hmmm, I suppose bacon is off now. I don't drink or smoke, though I was raised on second hand smoke. Weight is not an issue...

That's probably a good idea (moderation, anyway). My mother-in-law has eaten bacon daily all her life and is quite the spry 83 year-old.

I should have been clearer. The knuckleheads I was refering to were the Wahabbist Muslims. Even the tribe of Saud, who run Saudi Arabia, has recognized that a radical faction of Islam has caused a great deal of pain in the world, and still do, in spite of lots of re-training they are doing in KSA. The death of 3000 people on 9/11, 10% Muslim, Millions of innocents world wide have died as a result of waking the sleeping dragon. In addition, over 900 first responders at 9/11 have died also with an undetermined number yet to die.

Sorry, I got off topic.

There are several very old and powerful Muslim clans in the Caucasus who are waging a bitter war against the Wahhabist presence in places like Daghestan. THey (the clans) are unsung heroes.

There are several very old and powerful Muslim clans in the Caucasus who are waging a bitter war against the Wahhabist presence in places like Daghestan. THey (the clans) are unsung heroes.

I recently heard that the Uzbeks were fighting the Taliban, also. Wish I could help them, but in many areas over there, fighting is not for woman. Although the Kurds used us a lot. I understand they have signed a peace treaty with Turkey?

I do see them as highly complementary. It is a pleasure to live among Muslims; there is much peace and joy that can be found living side by side. On those occasions when more than a passing questions about religion comes up, it is wonderful to see how well we relate one with another.

When I was Muslim, I dreamed of going to KSA and going on Haj. UAE would be a good second choice. In spite of the fact that I am now Mormon, I have no issue with wearing Abaya and Hijab. I even have permission from my Bishop to wear it if I wish. When in private, I still say some of the prayers to myself. I did not leave Islam because I hated it. I wanted to find belief were Jesus Christ was properly recognized. In many ways, our two beliefs are the same. When Jesus Christ returns, Muslims and Mormons will have little to disagree about.

Of course Mormon women wear head covering in temple. Hmmmm

I wish someone would report this...Turkey as well fights extremism more than most. I wish all Muslim Nation success in Peace with Israel and the rest of the world. Israel first, you guys face the biggest threat. If threatened I will stand with you all as I would my own. All an old man like me can do now is stand for what is right with my words, maybe even through poetry. Maybe I will give it a try. Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

Personally it seems to me that, as things stand these days in western countries, there really is no excuse for Mormons to eat any kind of meat, pork or otherwise.

What about those of us who like a good hamburger or pork chop or bacon or sweet and sour __? The excuse is they taste good and used in moderation they are fine. I really see no excuse for you thinking I have to have an excuse for my diet.

What about those of us who like a good hamburger or pork chop or bacon or sweet and sour __? The excuse is they taste good and used in moderation they are fine. I really see no excuse for you thinking I have to have an excuse for my diet.

What about those who like an occasional drink of wine, or coffee, or green tea? The excuse is they taste good, and used in moderation they are fine. I daresay that we even have some positive science extolling the benefits of those things when used in moderation, whereas the benefits of meat--not so much.

The truth is that it is unwise to forbid some things and not others, for then we risk creating a double standard. Many of us live in a nation where the greatest risk to our lives is often found at the end of our forks. And we find endless new vices with which to fill the voids left by our taboos.

We had a word of wisdom when it was received by way of greeting and not by commandment, for in those days it fell upon us to learn wisdom.