Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Middle Eastern Owned News Agency.


Recommended Posts

Posted

This. As a wise man once told me 99% of the crises and worries in the news come to nothing and look stupid a few decades later.

So, what is NCMO? Is this a mormon club I should join?

Posted

Well, you know I was Muslim before and unavoidably it changed me, made me more of an international citizen. I want America to BE what our constitution says it should be. I want our goodness to shine before the world. Unfortunately, it does not always, and it makes me sad. So, I have spent a lot of time trying to find news services with an International view, not one just pitched to one audience. CNN, and Fox are unquestionably very American in their view, so I have tried Reuters, al-jazeera, and even Arabnews.com just to find some balance and to see how the people of other countries think. I even tried an Afghani news service but must warn you that I got a virus from them.

I want to know all I can and help if I can so that one day we have Missionaries everywhere.

You might consider going to source material such as http://www.memri.org/ which advocates.... "

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) explores the Middle East and South Asia through their media. MEMRI bridges the language gap between the West and the Middle East and South Asia, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, Urdu-Pashtu and Dari media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends.

Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501©3 organization. MEMRI's main office is located in Washington, DC, with branch offices in various world capitals. MEMRI research is translated into English, French, Polish, Japanese, and Hebrew."

Posted

So, what is NCMO? Is this a mormon club I should join?

I forgot about that. NCMO was a joke. I was being harassed on another board by apostate jackasses about my secret desire to be a moderator. So I came over here and ran a fake political campaign to become a mod, made promises, threatened death to those who would not vote for me, etc. I even chose a VP. It was something like Nehor Campaigning for Moderator Opportunity.

The joke within the joke is that at the time NCMO was a common YSA and YM/YW term meaning non-commital makeout. Basically making out for the sake of making out not because you like the person. I may need to adapt my sig at some point. Though I still like the naked, screaming, and covered in blood line. Still makes me giggle.

Posted

I forgot about that. NCMO was a joke. I was being harassed on another board by apostate jackasses about my secret desire to be a moderator. So I came over here and ran a fake political campaign to become a mod, made promises, threatened death to those who would not vote for me, etc. I even chose a VP. It was something like Nehor Campaigning for Moderator Opportunity.

The joke within the joke is that at the time NCMO was a common YSA and YM/YW term meaning non-commital makeout. Basically making out for the sake of making out not because you like the person. I may need to adapt my sig at some point. Though I still like the naked, screaming, and covered in blood line. Still makes me giggle.

I never did Mortal Kombat. Maybe I should.

Posted

I suppose Fox is OK. I just did not like the rantings of a certain commenter that is no longer there.

There are several I can't stand. Yelling should not be part of discussing the news, that is just public grandstanding and belongs on stage, not behind a news desk even if one is an commentator.
Posted

There are several I can't stand. Yelling should not be part of discussing the news, that is just public grandstanding and belongs on stage, not behind a news desk even if one is an commentator.

Yes, the yelling part makes me feel crazy.

Posted (edited)

Somehow I think that Heavenly Father gave Jesus Christ all the gold he wants. LOL

Oops, I guess that gets me into trouble now. Somewhere I read that we think that Heavenly Father is Jesus Christ. Sigh. I don't think I am ready for that. I'm just getting used to being Christian again...

No, I think you are confused or the person telling you that was really confused. We are not modalists no matter how many times critics claim the BoM is modalists. They are ignoring crucial scriptures plus a whole lot of other scripture including the First Vision. We think that Jesus Christ as Jehovah acts for Heavenly Father (Eloheim) but we definitely believe they are completely different. When in doubt about doctrine, got to the basic Gospel Principles manual and read that. If it is something that contradicts with the manual, chances are the person telling you got it wrong or you misunderstood them for some reason. :) Edited by calmoriah
Posted

You might consider going to source material such as http://www.memri.org/ which advocates.... "

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) explores the Middle East and South Asia through their media. MEMRI bridges the language gap between the West and the Middle East and South Asia, providing timely translations of Arabic, Farsi, Urdu-Pashtu and Dari media, as well as original analysis of political, ideological, intellectual, social, cultural, and religious trends.

Founded in February 1998 to inform the debate over U.S. policy in the Middle East, MEMRI is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit, 501©3 organization. MEMRI's main office is located in Washington, DC, with branch offices in various world capitals. MEMRI research is translated into English, French, Polish, Japanese, and Hebrew."

Thanks for the link, have bookmarked it.
Posted

There are several I can't stand. Yelling should not be part of discussing the news, that is just public grandstanding and belongs on stage, not behind a news desk even if one is an commentator.

that happens on all the major cable news outlets, no need to single out Fox. The news hour on PBS isn't bad ;)
Posted

that happens on all the major cable news outlets, no need to single out Fox. The news hour on PBS isn't bad ;)

I read my news so I can avoid the yelling and the fake chit chat that has nothing to do with news.
Posted

Give The Young Turks on Current TV a try. More political but less partisan than Chris.

Didn't I hear something about Current TV being bought out? Was it Al-jazeera that bought them?

Posted

Didn't I hear something about Current TV being bought out? Was it Al-jazeera that bought them?

Yes, he sold it to them for 500 million in a rushed deal that would have prevented Mr. Gore from paying increased capital gains taxes for this year. Good business move, but it somewhat goes against his liberal mantra of taxing the rich.

Posted

Yes, he sold it to them for 500 million in a rushed deal that would have prevented Mr. Gore from paying increased capital gains taxes for this year. Good business move, but it somewhat goes against his liberal mantra of taxing the rich.

My my my, when will the comedy end? From 2001 on, the government, and certain interests spent bajillions of dollars daemonizing Middle Easterners, now we sell our TV networks to them. Next will be Sharia law and Hijabs for all the women. Pig farmers will go broke, unless the Mutwas over there write a new fatwa making pork good. Now that my head is spinning good, I need to go grocery shopping. :)

Posted

I like the US Constitution just fine. However to claim God had much to do with it is a stretch. For one the US Constitution specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. That intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill.

Here's the stretch:

DC 101:77-80. In pertinent part:

77 According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;

78 That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of cjudgment.

79 Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another.

80 And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the bshedding of blood.

In short, God "suffered" it to be established, in order to provide for the free exercise of agency. And he "suffered" it to be established by men whom God called "wise". Doesn't sound to me that He didn't have much to do with it. Sounds like He was directly involved.

In the "Guide to the Scriptures", found on lds.org, we find this comment in relation to the word "Constitution":

In the Doctrine and Covenants, “the Constitution” refers to the Constitution of the United States of America, which was divinely inspired in order to prepare the way for the restoration of the gospel.

And what does the Lord think about the Constitution of the US, in relation to the rest of the world? See DC 98:5-7

5 And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.

6 Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land;

7 And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil.

In other words, God says here that the principles of the US Constitution are held by Him to be the standard; and that law which does not conform to that standard "cometh of evil".

And as to your assertion that the Constitution "...specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State"? Well, we're in the Social Hall, so this is not the place to issue a CFR, but I would if I could. In short, there is nothing in the US Constitution (and this includes the First Amendment), that prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. This intertwining prohibition of which you speak is a recent phenomenum based on nothing so much as faulty understandings. I also dispute your assertion that "... intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill." At most, "all of Christianity" is attempting to hold on to the centuries-old intertwining which until recently was pretty much taken for granted. Like nativity scenes on government property, and so on.

But we should not argue about this here. I felt I had to bring these scriptures into the discussion because I didn't want your assertions, TSS, to go unanswered. If this is to be discussed further, then it needs to go to General Discussions.

But I'm not going to do it on my initiative. I don't feel I have the time for it at this moment -- having some family issues of greater importance. I've just discovered a little niche of time in which I can dabble briefly on the board. If you want to take this there, then I might show up -- though I think others are perhaps better qualified than I to answer.

Posted

I believe that the Americian Consitution is also best and nearer to God's will than all others, so our perspective is a good thing...America is the last best hope for the world until Christ himself rules, and CNN is not pro-America, and yes FOX can lean very far right, but if you know this you can keep them in context.

You're not being remotely ironic are you...

As a non-American I find that quite a scary attitude. Is that a Mormon thing or are you all brought up believing America is the power to save the world?

Posted (edited)

Here's the stretch:

DC 101:77-80. In pertinent part:

In short, God "suffered" it to be established, in order to provide for the free exercise of agency. And he "suffered" it to be established by men whom God called "wise". Doesn't sound to me that He didn't have much to do with it. Sounds like He was directly involved.

In the "Guide to the Scriptures", found on lds.org, we find this comment in relation to the word "Constitution":

And what does the Lord think about the Constitution of the US, in relation to the rest of the world? See DC 98:5-7

In other words, God says here that the principles of the US Constitution are held by Him to be the standard; and that law which does not conform to that standard "cometh of evil".

And as to your assertion that the Constitution "...specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State"? Well, we're in the Social Hall, so this is not the place to issue a CFR, but I would if I could. In short, there is nothing in the US Constitution (and this includes the First Amendment), that prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. This intertwining prohibition of which you speak is a recent phenomenum based on nothing so much as faulty understandings. I also dispute your assertion that "... intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill." At most, "all of Christianity" is attempting to hold on to the centuries-old intertwining which until recently was pretty much taken for granted. Like nativity scenes on government property, and so on.

But we should not argue about this here. I felt I had to bring these scriptures into the discussion because I didn't want your assertions, TSS, to go unanswered. If this is to be discussed further, then it needs to go to General Discussions.

But I'm not going to do it on my initiative. I don't feel I have the time for it at this moment -- having some family issues of greater importance. I've just discovered a little niche of time in which I can dabble briefly on the board. If you want to take this there, then I might show up -- though I think others are perhaps better qualified than I to answer.

Sincere question: how many amendments have been made since it was created and how many since 1830s?

EDIT: I googled it, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

(12 by 1830s, 27 in total).

Are all 27 amendments covered by this revelation?

Edited by canard78
Posted

You're not being remotely ironic are you...

As a non-American I find that quite a scary attitude. Is that a Mormon thing or are you all brought up believing America is the power to save the world?

we already did it once... Remember WWII? I think it is quite reasonable to believe that the US has already been one of the major influences changing the world for the better.
Posted

we already did it once... Remember WWII? I think it is quite reasonable to believe that the US has already been one of the major influences changing the world for the better.

:) for which the British are grateful. I've already derailed this thread enough so I'll resist going down this course of discussion further.

Posted

I like the US Constitution just fine. However to claim God had much to do with it is a stretch. For one the US Constitution specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. That intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill.

This is flat out false. Several church leaders believed the contitution to be inspired and the DC talks about it. What I don't get why you and your kind always want to change the contitution into something it is not and was never meant to be.

No wonder modern revelation says that God established the U.S. Constitution and that it “should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles.” (D&C 101:77.)

http://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/02/the-divinely-inspired-constitution?lang=eng

Can you show me were the separation of church and state is in the constituion? I cannot seem to find it. And dont confuse the first ammendment as separation of church and state. That is not what it says.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...