EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 This really is about being Mormon. Aljazeera is owned by a Quatari business man, and he has a decidedly Middle Eastern point of view, however it seems amazingly fair. Now Aljareera has secured permission to work in the United States, and I think this may be a positive step because it may force the rest of the news agencies in the US to be more honest, perhaps.Here is an article they published about Mormons.http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/05/2012515115328577589.html
thesometimesaint Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Al Jazeera has always been even handed in its reporting.
Saints Alive Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 " The Danites, a 19th-century Mormon terrorist group" I'm not sure how accurate and fair this statement is. 1
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 This really is about being Mormon. Aljazeera is owned by a Quatari business man, and he has a decidedly Middle Eastern point of view, however it seems amazingly fair. Now Aljareera has secured permission to work in the United States, and I think this may be a positive step because it may force the rest of the news agencies in the US to be more honest, perhaps.Here is an article they published about Mormons.http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/05/2012515115328577589.htmlHope you are right...not been the case before. One of my oldest friends and a very good man is Muslim, I have many who take my classes because within the community I am considered non bigoted toward Muslims. But I have had to tell many that I will not read books like "Protocol of the Elders" which is wildly anti-Semitic...I don't abid anti-Jewish or ant-Islamic material. As a member of a hated group always under attack by people of other faiths...not interested! I don't do hate very well...Praise God.
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 " The Danites, a 19th-century Mormon terrorist group" Or a group who sought to make sure "never again" like the Jewish Massade (hope I spelled that right).
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Al Jazeera has always been even handed in its reporting.Like CNN? I respectfully disagree.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 I have lived a lot longer than I thought I would and now begin to see the rapidity in which the world is changing. Sometimes it is chilling and others it feels exciting like a roller coaster ride. I can remember when China was seen as evil and suddenly we are doing business with them. North Korea seems to be moderating, and even in Saudi Arabia there are signs that the country is opening up. When I was young, we expected to be bombed by Russia at any time, and now we have Missionaries there. HmmmmTo me, all this international development just means more possibilities for our Missionaries to spread the word of Jesus Christ. It seems that many of the things that terrorize us are opportunites
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I have lived a lot longer than I thought I would and now begin to see the rapidity in which the world is changing. Sometimes it is chilling and others it feels exciting like a roller coaster ride. I can remember when China was seen as evil and suddenly we are doing business with them. North Korea seems to be moderating, and even in Saudi Arabia there are signs that the country is opening up. When I was young, we expected to be bombed by Russia at any time, and now we have Missionaries there. HmmmmTo me, all this international development just means more possibilities for our Missionaries to spread the word of Jesus Christ. It seems that many of the things that terrorize us are opportunitesThis is my hope as well...but I will proceed as caution and believe that men can change. All men, but only if we let God help us do it.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 Like CNN? I respectfully disagree.Well, you know I was Muslim before and unavoidably it changed me, made me more of an international citizen. I want America to BE what our constitution says it should be. I want our goodness to shine before the world. Unfortunately, it does not always, and it makes me sad. So, I have spent a lot of time trying to find news services with an International view, not one just pitched to one audience. CNN, and Fox are unquestionably very American in their view, so I have tried Reuters, al-jazeera, and even Arabnews.com just to find some balance and to see how the people of other countries think. I even tried an Afghani news service but must warn you that I got a virus from them. I want to know all I can and help if I can so that one day we have Missionaries everywhere. 1
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 This is my hope as well...but I will proceed as caution and believe that men can change. All men, but only if we let God help us do it.Amen
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Well, you know I was Muslim before and unavoidably it changed me, made me more of an international citizen. I want America to BE what our constitution says it should be. I want our goodness to shine before the world. Unfortunately, it does not always, and it makes me sad. So, I have spent a lot of time trying to find news services with an International view, not one just pitched to one audience. CNN, and Fox are unquestionably very American in their view, so I have tried Reuters, al-jazeera, and even Arabnews.com just to find some balance and to see how the people of other countries think. I even tried an Afghani news service but must warn you that I got a virus from them. I want to know all I can and help if I can so that one day we have Missionaries everywhere.I believe that the Americian Consitution is also best and nearer to God's will than all others, so our perspective is a good thing...America is the last best hope for the world until Christ himself rules, and CNN is not pro-America, and yes FOX can lean very far right, but if you know this you can keep them in context.
The Nehor Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Like CNN? I respectfully disagree.Well, better then Fox maybe?
Bill “Papa” Lee Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Well, better then Fox maybe?Fox is funnier though...I like the humor.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 Fox is funnier though...I like the humor.I suppose Fox is OK. I just did not like the rantings of a certain commenter that is no longer there.
The Nehor Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Fox is funnier though...I like the humor.Me too. Their claim of fair and balanced reporting makes me chuckle every single time they say it.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 Me too. Their claim of fair and balanced reporting makes me chuckle every single time they say it.I just want new opportunities for our Missionaries and I don't want our young men and women harmed.
thesometimesaint Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Like CNN? I respectfully disagree.CNN has an on again off again relationship with the facts.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies 1
thesometimesaint Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I believe that the Americian Consitution is also best and nearer to God's will than all others, so our perspective is a good thing...America is the last best hope for the world until Christ himself rules, and CNN is not pro-America, and yes FOX can lean very far right, but if you know this you can keep them in context.I like the US Constitution just fine. However to claim God had much to do with it is a stretch. For one the US Constitution specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. That intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill.
The Nehor Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 I like the US Constitution just fine. However to claim God had much to do with it is a stretch. For one the US Constitution specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. That intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill.I resent that. I know the LDS church is keeping a low political profile until M-Day when our world domination plan kicks off.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 I like the US Constitution just fine. However to claim God had much to do with it is a stretch. For one the US Constitution specifically prohibits the intertwining of Church and State. That intertwining is something all of Christianity is determined to fulfill.We tend to get very upset with present events, but if we lived to 800 like Noah, I am sure we would take things in stride more. Yes certain right wing christians have been spending a lot of time trying to control American politics, and I think it has led to a general disgruntlement among many Americans.I try to look at things here in America throught the filter of the Book of Mormon. Is America experiencing a downturn because of the pride cycle? What will happen to us. Who will rule us in 50 years, or will it all be chaos? Sure some Christians want to be the government and in Islam, Muslims want Sharia law in the US. However, I recently heard an Imam say that our constitution comprised the best parts of Sharia. I wonder where this is all going.I am sure that Heavenly Father knows.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 I resent that. I know the LDS church is keeping a low political profile until M-Day when our world domination plan kicks off.Well, what sort of government do you think Jesus Christ will have? I don't think there will be any pork barrel deals.
The Nehor Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 Well, what sort of government do you think Jesus Christ will have? I don't think there will be any pork barrel deals.Autocratic monarchy. Depends on whether paving streets with gold counts as budget pork.
EllenMaksoud Posted January 8, 2013 Author Posted January 8, 2013 Autocratic monarchy. Depends on whether paving streets with gold counts as budget pork.Somehow I think that Heavenly Father gave Jesus Christ all the gold he wants. LOLOops, I guess that gets me into trouble now. Somewhere I read that we think that Heavenly Father is Jesus Christ. Sigh. I don't think I am ready for that. I'm just getting used to being Christian again...
The Nehor Posted January 8, 2013 Posted January 8, 2013 We tend to get very upset with present events, but if we lived to 800 like Noah, I am sure we would take things in stride more. Yes certain right wing christians have been spending a lot of time trying to control American politics, and I think it has led to a general disgruntlement among many Americans.I try to look at things here in America throught the filter of the Book of Mormon. Is America experiencing a downturn because of the pride cycle? What will happen to us. Who will rule us in 50 years, or will it all be chaos? Sure some Christians want to be the government and in Islam, Muslims want Sharia law in the US. However, I recently heard an Imam say that our constitution comprised the best parts of Sharia. I wonder where this is all going.I am sure that Heavenly Father knows.This. As a wise man once told me 99% of the crises and worries in the news come to nothing and look stupid a few decades later.
Recommended Posts