Hi, I'M New

Hello everybody! I'm new here.

I've been looking for a good LDS forum for a while. The one I knew about was a little too... you know... " :cray::bad:" (That's the international symbol for sentimental glurge. I made it up just now).

Anyway, I'm an agnostic... a nihilistic Mormon agnostic! I go to church and do home teaching and have some other callings and all that stuff. Exciting? Yes! I enjoy religion, theology, philosophy, sociology, and all those kinds of topics that eliminate me from the variety of non-threatening conversations that go on at most social functions. When I'm not contemplating the ultimate absurdity of everything, I like to make stuff with my hands. I have a wife and a bunch of kids.

Hello everybody! I'm new here.

I've been looking for a good LDS forum for a while. The one I knew about was a little too... you know... " :cray::bad:" (That's the international symbol for sentimental glurge. I made it up just now).

Anyway, I'm an agnostic... a nihilistic Mormon agnostic! I go to church and do home teaching and have some other callings and all that stuff. Exciting? Yes! I enjoy religion, theology, philosophy, sociology, and all those kinds of topics that eliminate me from the variety of non-threatening conversations that go on at most social functions. When I'm not contemplating the ultimate absurdity of everything, I like to make stuff with my hands. I have a wife and a bunch of kids.

Welcome...if agnostic this site will not help change your views, or maybe it will. Lot of good stuff in topical guide.

That's an interesting set of traits rarely found in a single human being. ;) (It takes all kinds to make a world! :D) Welcome.

Welcome...if agnostic this site will not help change your views, or maybe it will. Lot of good stuff in topical guide.

Thanks! Well, I change my views like I change my.... er, well I change them a lot. The problem is that nearly everyone is way smarter than me, so I'm liable to believe whatever you guys say. Especially if you have footnotes. Then tomorrow I'll be on the Catholic forums, and they'll have me reprogrammed in ten minutes. Smart folks, those Catholics. Then the Protestants will have their way, and so it goes. Religion is a great big roller coaster. I love roller coasters! They go every which way.

I'm that guy the apostle Paul talked about, who is ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Except that I haven't mastered all those other vices that Paul listed. I'm still working on 'em.

Thanks! Well, I change my views like I change my.... er, well I change them a lot. The problem is that nearly everyone is way smarter than me, so I'm liable to believe whatever you guys say. Especially if you have footnotes. Then tomorrow I'll be on the Catholic forums, and they'll have me reprogrammed in ten minutes. Smart folks, those Catholics. Then the Protestants will have their way, and so it goes. Religion is a great big roller coaster. I love roller coasters! They go every which way.

I'm that guy the apostle Paul talked about, who is ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Except that I haven't mastered all those other vices that Paul listed. I'm still working on 'em.

It is fun to talk about...but check out the topical guide here. Really smart people who do a great job of dispelling myth and ignorance about our faith. (my faith).

That's an interesting set of traits rarely found in a single human being. ;) (It takes all kinds to make a world! :D) Welcome.

Thanks! I'm pretty normal on most Thursdays. Otherwise, when folks catch wind of some of my crazy ideas, they begin to worry for my soul. Does this worry mean I'm interesting? I hope so!

Welcome, I'm fairly new too. Some interesting topics here, hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Thanks! What am I looking for, I wonder? The sun and the moon, I guess. If I find them, I'm taking them home with me. So if other people want them, they'll have to come to my house.