Recognizing The Lords Hand

Messenger

Recently I've noticed some things in my financial life come together. In an effort to live within my means, I've tried to listen to the Lord's council and act on promptings when I receive them in regards to this subject. It hasn't always been easy. I know a lot of people are in the same boat as me! I come from a long career in telecommunications. I brought the Internet to some of the very first people on the west coast in the early 90's. Later, as a project manager, I assisted some of the largest telecom companies provide Internet to their customers. I was in charge of projects totaling well over 250 million dollars that lasted 6 months to a year. It was a hard career at the time with lots of travel and lots of pressure to meet target dates. One thing I never worried about was money. I always seemed to have plenty.

Today it's different. I work in a call center and the projects last about 15 minutes! I don't own my own house, I don't have an RV, ATVs, nor a cadre of friends wanting to know when I am going out on the dunes riding ATVs again. What I have is a modest apartment and a budget I follow like the ten commandments! And somehow, I am able to not only make ends meet, but be happy with my lifestyle at the same time.

I have the Lord to thank for inspiring me to make the changes in my life so that I can be happy in my economic situation and who continues to inspire and bless me with his wisdom and direction. To anybody struggling with living within a new economic situation, I have one piece of advice .... live within your means.