Why is it that most of us think that if we obey all of the commandment God will bless us ? I know that mosiah 2:22 states that .How is it then, that some people do not obey any thing and seem to be blessed ? I know of some truely good, obedient to the commanents people that are really broke and can not afford to enjoy much in life and I know some really evil people that are rich and enjoy all aspect of life .

I have my ideas but I would like to see other ideas first .

Why is it that most of us think that if we obey all of the commandment God will bless us ? I know that mosiah 2:22 states that .How is it then, that some people do not obey any thing and seem to be blessed ? I know of some truely good, obedient to the commanents people that are really broke and can not afford to enjoy much in life and I know some really evil people that are rich and enjoy all aspect of life .

SurelyGod is good to Israel- to the pure in heart.

SurelyGod is good to Israel- to the pure in heart.

Are you taking about Jewish people or Isrealites ?

I know some mean , evil , Israelis that are Jewish that do not obey any of the commandments or customs of the Jewish religion , but yet are very successful . They are not "pure in heart "

I started a new id by mistake . I did not know that this board was the same as the old farms board , I have reported me error . Salvar774 and Alvarado are me .

Edited by Alvarado

Are you taking about Jewish people or Isrealites ?

I know some mean , evil , Israelis that are Jewish that do not obey any of the commandments or customs of the Jewish religion , but yet are very successful . They are not "pure in heart "

And I know some horrid Mexicans. So?

What does this have to do with Psalm 71?

And I know some horrid Mexicans. So?

What does this have to do with Psalm 71?

I'm sorry , I misunderstood you . I thought you were impliying that isaelis are all a blessed people . I was asking about the belief of obeying the commandments in order to be blessed . It has nothing to do with psalm 71 . Or does it ?

What do you consider to be blessings?

I mean all blessings including having enough of health ,wealth, and Joy .Free from fear and suffering of any kind .

I'm sorry , I misunderstood you . I thought you were impliying that isaelis are all a blessed people . I was asking about the belief of obeying the commandments in order to be blessed . It has nothing to do with psalm 71 . Or does it ?

I recommend reading the psalm. A lot of the questions are already asked in it.

I recommend reading the psalm. A lot of the questions are already asked in it.

Are the questions answered ? The main question being why do some good people struggle and some bad people are blessed with every thing ? Not after scriptual answers , just people's ideas. Dose God bless good people and hold blessing from bad people ?

I don't think the mortal definition of blessing is the same definition as our God. (You don't get to learn to be like Him in unconditional love without lots of heartache, for instance.) And God respects agency, which is the single greatest source of bad things happening to people.

Do you know that some are truly good and some truly evil? that judgement is God's not ours. No-one knows what goes on the lives of our neighbours but our Lord instructed us to love them anyway good or bad. The Ten Commandments were given for our benefit, and to enable us to live fitting lives before God. Our Lord commanded us to love God and our neighbour AS OURSELVES (paraphrase) which is a challenge to say the least, but that is what he requires. So I guess the question is probably unanswerable from our perspective, and it is our job to live our lives right before God regardless of what inequalities are around us.

Sorry, I somehow have managed to mix up my response with your post, technology is not really my thing

Edited by savedbygrace

I mean all blessings including having enough of health ,wealth, and Joy .Free from fear and suffering of any kind .

Seems like you are confusing blessings with material wealth.

WHENEVER Richard Cory went down town,

We people on the pavement looked at him:

He was a gentleman from sole to crown,

Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,

And he was always human when he talked;

But still he fluttered pulses when he said,

"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich—yes, richer than a king,

And admirably schooled in every grace:

In fine, we thought that he was everything

To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,

And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;

And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,

Went home and put a bullet through his head.

Edwin Arlington Robinson:

The good people with seemingly few blessings will assert that they are blessed beyond measure.

The wicked with seemingly many blessings are still being tested, and/or testing others, with the intent that they realize that they too are blessed beyond measure.

I started a new id by mistake . I did not know that this board was the same as the old farms board , I have reported me error . Salvar774 and Alvarado are me .

meant fair board .

The good people with seemingly few blessings will assert that they are blessed beyond measure.

The wicked with seemingly many blessings are still being tested, and/or testing others, with the intent that they realize that they too are blessed beyond measure.

That is reasonable . That used to be my thoughts on the subject too.

I never liked the "you'll get the blessings" expression when being told to do things in the church. I like to do things because it's the right thing to do, not to get the blessings. It seems like it's just a way to get a person to do something, like a bribe or reward, that may not even pan out.

My Aunt was blessed with beauty but it became a curse.

I believe that we each receive various blessings and various trials. A family I know has great wealth but they’ve had children die and suffered health problems.

On the other hand we’ve hand just enough for our needs and all of our babies have been born health. I’ll take my trials over their’s any day.

There is also the law of natural consequence. If someone puts in the time to get an education or is willing to open a new business putting in 80 hours a week to do it then success is usually the outcome.

It is not the temptations and the trials in this life that determine whom we are. It is our reaction to them that does.

Matthew 5:45, KJV:

. . . [God] maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

If I'm determined to see only the empty half of that half-full glass no matter what, it doesn't matter what the Lord blesses me with. It's like the story of the twins, one an optimist and the other a pessimist: wanting to change the pessimist's outlook, for his birthday, his parents got him every toy, gadget, and other amusement they could think of one year, and all they got for the pessimist was a box of manure. On the morning of their birthday, the optimist comes down the stairs, sees all of the gloriously-wrapped presents, and says, "Is that all you got me?" The optimist comes bounding down the stairs and rips into the box of manure saying, "There's gotta be a pony in here someplace! There's gotta be a pony in here someplace!" It's simply a question of outlook. I could drive myself crazy wondering about the seeming injustice in the world, but I'd rather be like that optimistic twin. Do I waver in that conviction sometimes (OK, a lot? ;)) Sure. That's human nature (but then I remember Mosiah 3:19). Wondering why all the people who SURELY deserve it haven't gotten theirs yet (whether "theirs" is "good" or "bad") simply cankers the soul. As pie-in-the-sky as this might seem, I'd rather simply trust God to treat us fairly in the long run. (See Isaiah 55:8-9).

And I'm always a little bit wary of those who, in the name of "charity" and "compassion," look at someone who, by all appearances, got a raw deal and conclude that since God is so unfair (if there is one) there's no point in believing in Him. (Such charity and compassion, if they lead to that conclusion, are as much tools of Satan as are hate and cruelty.) Many of the people we're absolutely convinced got a raw deal don't see their situations the way we do. Their lot in life is between God and them. My lot in life is between God and me.

Edited by Kenngo1969

D&C 6:7

Seek not for briches but for cwisdom, and behold, thedmysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you, and then shall you be made erich. Behold, he that hath feternal life is rich.

Matthew 5:45, KJV:

If I'm determined to see only the empty half of that half-full glass no matter what, it doesn't matter what the Lord blesses me with. It's like the story of the twins, one an optimist and the other a pessimist: wanting to change the pessimist's outlook, for his birthday, his parents got him every toy, gadget, and other amusement they could think of one year, and all they got for the pessimist was a box of manure. On the morning of their birthday, the optimist comes down the stairs, sees all of the gloriously-wrapped presents, and says, "Is that all you got me?" The optimist comes bounding down the stairs and rips into the box of manure saying, "There's gotta be a pony in here someplace! There's gotta be a pony in here someplace!" It's simply a question of outlook. I could drive myself crazy wondering about the seeming injustice in the world, but I'd rather be like that optimistic twin. Do I waver in that conviction sometimes (OK, a lot? ;)) Sure. That's human nature (but then I remember Mosiah 3:19). Wondering why all the people who SURELY deserve it haven't gotten theirs yet (whether "theirs" is "good" or "bad") simply cankers the soul. As pie-in-the-sky as this might seem, I'd rather simply trust God to treat us fairly in the long run. (See Isaiah 55:8-9).

And I'm always a little bit wary of those who, in the name of "charity" and "compassion," look at someone who, by all appearances, got a raw deal and conclude that since God is so unfair (if there is one) there's no point in believing in Him. (Such charity and compassion, if they lead to that conclusion, are as much tools of Satan as are hate and cruelty. Many of the people we're absolutely convinced got a raw deal don't see their situations the way we do.

Guys, apparently we shouldn't use scriptures to answer...