Call For Musicians, Poets, Etc....Share Your Talent

Calm

I know many of you have posted some of your stuff here on the board, if you like the idea of sharing with a larger audience lds.org has a section called Create.lds that may appeal to you. Doesn't seem terribly complicated.

For example under music submissions:

• Submit instrumental or vocal underscore music (music used in videos) you have composed.
    • Send in a vocal or instrumental recording made from a song on the following list of public domain hymns from the Church Hymns book or public domain songs from the Children's Songbook.
    • Make your own original arrangement of one of the public domain hymns or songs. Music in the public domain is music that was written before 1923.
    • Submit an instrumental or vocal recording of original music you have composed.
    • Submit high-quality recordings of children singing.

Check it out at http://lds.org/service/volunteer-and-contribute/create?lang=eng

Just remember that the Writing and Photography assignments page for uploading have not been completed. Once you are approved, you sign in, update your profile then eventually you will be able to upload your work. I have lots of photography and poems waiting to upload.

Ok, after some more research, I found out that the photography section is now open - I just uploaded my first photo. Pretty cool. I'll have to look into the writing section some more.

The writing section is ... Coming Soon

Church Call for Writing–COMING SOON

The new create.lds.org website is still being developed. As a result, this section is not yet ready, but is coming soon. For those of you who enjoy writing scripts and real-life stories of members, for all types of products and productions, this is the section for you.

Edited by Messenger
Ok, after some more research, I found out that the photography section is now open - I just uploaded my first photo. Pretty cool..
I am looking forward to seeing you as the spotlighted photographer. :)

I know many of you have posted some of your stuff here on the board, if you like the idea of sharing with a larger audience lds.org has a section called Create.lds that may appeal to you. Doesn't seem terribly complicated.

For example under music submissions:

Check it out at http://lds.org/servi...create?lang=eng

Does the poetry have to be any good. Just wondering if I would have a chance.

Don't have a clue what the level of quality is. Judging by the photos, I would say they don't need to be professional for everything submitted. The photos had a tips, training, etc. section I did not look at. I would not be surprised if the other sections had them as well (or will have them).

I think this effort is about helping develop all of our talents which has been a fundamental part of church culture since the beginning (see Givens' People of Paradox), an effort that has been somewhat neglected in my opinion in recent years due to emphasis on spiritual and preparedness skills (Relief Society, even including Enrichment, used to have a much broader range of teaching subjects for example).

They've been putting stuff up since June at least so be patient if your area hasn't gotten up yet. If it has why not submit something and see how it works?

Edited by calmoriah