Prayer Request

If anyone is willing, please pray for my family. I'm not willing to say more than what I have said elsewhere in open forum, except that I am having a difficult time fulfilling Elder Oak's counsel from last Conference. It is my greatest desire, but I can't seem to pull it off. If anyone really wants to know, PM me and I will share.sad.gif

If anyone is willing, please pray for my family. I'm not willing to say more than what I have said elsewhere in open forum, except that I am having a difficult time fulfilling Elder Oak's counsel from last Conference. It is my greatest desire, but I can't seem to pull it off. If anyone really wants to know, PM me and I will share.sad.gif

I think you described it a bit on another thread.

Family stuff is too much sometimes, I can relate. Hang in there and my prayers are with you and your family.

Bless you, Nathair, of course we will.

You are a poet…we always have struggles, thus our inspiration.

Thank you all. The lessons I've learned from this are that I need to be more valiant and more patient. I can be very patient with people's weaknesses, but when something is really important to me, I tend to want it now.

Hey, guys, things have taken a turn for the worse. The situation involves manic depression, not mine. I went to church yesterday, and there were dire consequences for attending. Tomorrow morning at nine, mountain time, the situation will come to a crisis. If things go well, recovery can begin. If things go poorly, it will be very bad for my family.

Mental illness is huge burden for any family to bear, just remember the Lord can turn even the most horrible eventss to our good (I am not saying that the experience is any less horrible, just that it doesn't have to be only meaningless suffereing). This is perhaps a cliche, but it is one that has helped me endure the unendurable over the years.

Edited by calmoriah

Hey, guys, things have taken a turn for the worse. The situation involves manic depression, not mine. I went to church yesterday, and there were dire consequences for attending. Tomorrow morning at nine, mountain time, the situation will come to a crisis. If things go well, recovery can begin. If things go poorly, it will be very bad for my family.

I feel your pain, it runs in my family. More prayer.

Thank you, everyone. I was able to get the hearing delayed until the same time a fortnight from today. That will give me time to meet with counsel and gather witnesses and affidavits.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone.

I lost the case, but I did manage to avoid a worse disaster. The other party can also still drop their case when they are ready.

Blessings to y'all.

Thank you, everyone.

I lost the case, but I did manage to avoid a worse disaster. The other party can also still drop their case when they are ready.

Blessings to y'all.

Sorry to hear it was not all resolved well, but at least it's not the worst and things can always improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo Hoo. The other party dropped their case. They were pressured into starting the case in the first place and when they were in a position to do so, they went to the judge and had the order against me dropped.

Now I can work on following Elder Oaks' counsel from last conference.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support.

O frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

Well, that's a relief... you know the old saying: Live and Learn... I hope you have done so here and will go forward wiser for the experience, and trusting in the Lord.

GG

Woo Hoo. The other party dropped their case. They were pressured into starting the case in the first place and when they were in a position to do so, they went to the judge and had the order against me dropped.

Excellent! Great news. Must be a huge pressure off your mind.

Cool... :yahoo:

I'm glad everything worked out.... as somebody mentioned, live & learn.

Manic depression was mentioned... I read an interesting possible spiritual meaning of it...

Wanting to be perfect so much, that one imagines it to be true (the high/manic)...

Then somehow realizes they are not perfect & it's an "all or nothing" - so then depressing despair.

Realizing nobody's all good or all bad & learning to not get too carried away either way is important.