Migration completed

Nemesis

Please report any problems here so I can keep track. I will be reinstalling some board features later today.

Nemesis

Board seems a little faster. However, apostraphe's now appear as a white question mark inside of a blue diamond. Anyone else seeing this?

H.

Board seems a little faster. However, apostraphe's now appear as a white question mark inside of a blue diamond. Anyone else seeing this?

H.

It has to do with the utf-8 coding and the bbcode in the software. I can run the update that will fix it but it'll take hours. Figure it was best just to get the board up and running and not worry about. New posts shouldn't be affected.

Nemesis

Nemesis is a clever minor deity. The very g-d of wormholes and exoduses and karmic coups!

Has no one else reported that they couldn't find the site?

I hadn't been able to get on for a couple days so googled and I see now that the name has changed. I would have thought there would be some link that would have been brought me here from the old address?

3DOP

It has to do with the utf-8 coding and the bbcode in the software. I can run the update that will fix it but it'll take hours. Figure it was best just to get the board up and running and not worry about. New posts shouldn't be affected.

Is there a plan to fix this for the old posts?

Running very slow- I keep getting "timed out" errors. Really frustrating!

Has no one else reported that they couldn't find the site?

I hadn't been able to get on for a couple days so googled and I see now that the name has changed. I would have thought there would be some link that would have been brought me here from the old address?

3DOP

I'll have to contact the owners of the domain and see if they can put up the forward again.

Nemesis

Really? Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache?

Nemesis

I have.

Using Vista and Firefox- I have no problem with other sites. I am really ignorant about this stuff unfortunately.

The problem seems to be that it completes loading very slowly after it appears to have loaded, and doing any other action will then produce a "timed out" error.

For example, loading this reply page, the reply box appeared almost immediately, but my little green bar indicating that the page was still loading remained moving slowly for nearly a minute, and had I tried to type just a few words and hit send before the green bar stopped loading it would have just returned a timed out error.

It seems like it is loading a lot of other "stuff" after it appears to be fully ready to go and that is the lag which causes the problem.

Sorry I am so dumb about this stuff!

I will hit "add reply" now, but know it will take nearly a minute before I know you have received this. I will time it.

Edit: 71 seconds- but it displayed immediately- then I had to wait for the green bar, or I would have gotten the timed out response if I did anything else during that time.

I have.

Using Vista and Firefox- I have no problem with other sites. I am really ignorant about this stuff unfortunately.

The problem seems to be that it completes loading very slowly after it appears to have loaded, and doing any other action will then produce a "timed out" error.

For example, loading this reply page, the reply box appeared almost immediately, but my little green bar indicating that the page was still loading remained moving slowly for nearly a minute, and had I tried to type just a few words and hit send before the green bar stopped loading it would have just returned a timed out error.

It seems like it is loading a lot of other "stuff" after it appears to be fully ready to go and that is the lag which causes the problem.

Sorry I am so dumb about this stuff!

I will hit "add reply" now, but know it will take nearly a minute before I know you have received this. I will time it.

Edit: 71 seconds- but it displayed immediately- then I had to wait for the green bar, or I would have gotten the timed out response if I did anything else during that time.

Weird. Its almost instant for me. Do you have allow scripting and flash installed?

My old link didn't work and I, actually, thought the board had been down for a couple of days after the switch (which, apparently, it wasn't). I, finally, did a Google search for this board and linked to it from there. It's been fine ever since.

It is very fast for me, as well.

Switched browsers and now it seems very fast.

But I miss my Firefox :cray:

Were you on Firefox 3 or 4?

Well I thought I upgraded to 4, but it looks like I have 3.16. Could that be it?

Archived