I am so blessed

Glenn101

Today I was working at my computer while my little four year old granddaughter sat close by drawing on a piece of paper with one of my magic markers. Out of the blue she asks "Do you want anything to drink?"

When I said yes, she asked, "Do you want it in a glass?"

I said, no, so the little darling (who has me wrapped quite securely around several of her fingers) went into the house and retrieved a canned beverage for me. Of course, she was very willing to share also. But it just touched my heart how sweet, loving, and helpful she can be.

Glenn

Today I was working at my computer while my little four year old granddaughter sat close by drawing on a piece of paper with one of my magic markers. Out of the blue she asks "Do you want anything to drink?"

I said, no, so the little darling (who has me wrapped quite securely around several of her fingers) went into the house and retrieved a canned beverage for me. Of course, she was very willing to share also. But it just touched my heart how sweet, loving, and helpful she can be.

Glenn

ya know what? there isnt any more wonderfull blessings than that...:P

Glenn

My wife and I do that for each other all the time, but I suppose we don't find it as cute, for some reason... :P

Glenn, I love this. Thanks for sharing. :P Our daughter is 2 1/2 and we adore the sweet things she does for us, always wanting to take our plates, gets us drinks, etc.

Glenn, I love this. Thanks for sharing. :P Our daughter is 2 1/2 and we adore the sweet things she does for us, always wanting to take our plates, gets us drinks, etc.

My oldest, who is getting married in two months, was a late talker. One of the first things I can remember her saying that made any sense was with exuberant generosity: "What I can do for you?" It was cuter than it sounds! Irene has long since forgotten what she used to say, but Mommy and Daddy still occasionally will ask each other..."What I can do for you?"

Nice story Glenn. Thanks.

3DOP

Glenn

On of my great joys...being a Pa Pa...but i rule with an iron fist...Not! :P

On of my great joys...being a Pa Pa...but i rule with an iron fist...Not! :P

Yep, I can just see pa Pa ruling with an iron fist. You come across as maybe even more of a softie as I. And I am a complete wimp.

I forgot to add one other detail, when she brought the drink out ot me she handed me the can and asked "Is it cold enough for you Poppa?" Not only is she cute, but she is amazingly perceptive to have picked up on my preference for cold, cold drinks. She scares me sometimes. Such as the time I was picking on her when she was coloring in one of her (many) coloring books. She looked up at me and said, "Poppa, please stop it, I can't concentrate."

I do not know how long she will continue to grace our home, but I count my blessings every day.

Thanks to all who have responded and shared their own blessings.

Glenn

Yep, I can just see pa Pa ruling with an iron fist. You come across as maybe even more of a softie as I. And I am a complete wimp.

I forgot to add one other detail, when she brought the drink out ot me she handed me the can and asked "Is it cold enough for you Poppa?" Not only is she cute, but she is amazingly perceptive to have picked up on my preference for cold, cold drinks. She scares me sometimes. Such as the time I was picking on her when she was coloring in one of her (many) coloring books. She looked up at me and said, "Poppa, please stop it, I can't concentrate."

I do not know how long she will continue to grace our home, but I count my blessings every day.

Thanks to all who have responded and shared their own blessings.

Glenn

It is amazing to me how perceptive they are too. My 4 year old grandson, who lives with us, will be watching me work on something and will hand me the correct tool without my saying a word. He also knows how to get on the internet and get cartoon network and play his favorite games. They are so smart and perceptive it is frightening.

Yes Glen we are blessed.