MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 01:01 AM Posted yesterday at 01:01 AM Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? 1
Calm Posted yesterday at 01:04 AM Posted yesterday at 01:04 AM 2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? When?
Rain Posted yesterday at 01:43 AM Posted yesterday at 01:43 AM 40 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? What is different about this from the prior monthly teacher training?
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 03:16 AM Author Posted yesterday at 03:16 AM 2 hours ago, Calm said: When? Changed in September, we meet during second hour. Since I teach GD I miss RS. 1 hour ago, Rain said: What is different about this from the prior monthly teacher training? It used to be quarterly, now according to “changes in the Sunday schedule” section of LDS.org, under “common questions, “ it indicates monthly teacher training. I mean you gotta dig to find it but apparently our new SS president did her digging and now here we are. And she stated today she is not gonna let this die. I just wondered if we are the only ones. I suspect it might even be a typo since it’s not updated accordingly in the handbook itself. 1
Calm Posted yesterday at 03:54 AM Posted yesterday at 03:54 AM (edited) 38 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: Changed in September, we meet during second hour. Since I teach GD I miss RS. I am confused. Are you saying some teachers will miss teacher training? added: I think I get it. SS teacher training preempts RS for SS teachers once a month. Edited yesterday at 03:55 AM by Calm 1
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 04:20 AM Author Posted yesterday at 04:20 AM 24 minutes ago, Calm said: I am confused. Are you saying some teachers will miss teacher training? added: I think I get it. SS teacher training preempts RS for SS teachers once a month. And youth teachers /RS and Priesthood miss SS.
blackstrap Posted yesterday at 04:29 AM Posted yesterday at 04:29 AM How long will it take to teach teachers to adjust to the 25 minute schedule ?
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 05:27 AM Author Posted yesterday at 05:27 AM 57 minutes ago, blackstrap said: How long will it take to teach teachers to adjust to the 25 minute schedule ? This appears to be permanent
bluebell Posted yesterday at 01:56 PM Posted yesterday at 01:56 PM 12 hours ago, MustardSeed said: Our ward is now doing teacher training every month. Apparently this is a directive for everyone from the generals. Is your ward complying ? We haven’t heard anything about this in our ward. 1
bluebell Posted yesterday at 01:57 PM Posted yesterday at 01:57 PM 9 hours ago, MustardSeed said: And youth teachers /RS and Priesthood miss SS. How are they doing it with the primary teachers? 1
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 02:46 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:46 PM 48 minutes ago, bluebell said: How are they doing it with the primary teachers? primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly. 2
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 02:47 PM Author Posted yesterday at 02:47 PM I’m trying to just be chill about this whole thing. 2
bluebell Posted yesterday at 03:47 PM Posted yesterday at 03:47 PM 58 minutes ago, MustardSeed said: I’m trying to just be chill about this whole thing. Do you think she would hunt you down if you went rogue and didn't go sometimes? 1
bluebell Posted yesterday at 03:49 PM Posted yesterday at 03:49 PM 1 hour ago, MustardSeed said: primary is going Rogue and doing their own thing. Not sure when they’re doing it, but I understand they’re only doing it monthly. In our ward we have only been doing teacher training once a year, and I've heard nothing new yet. But my ward is full of really old people who have been together since the dawn of time. They struggle with adapting to new stuff and tend to slide back into 1990s era church if they can get away with it. We've been late out of sacrament meeting (like 10 minutes over) every sunday but one so far. 1
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 05:53 PM Author Posted yesterday at 05:53 PM I just asked my brother-in-law who’s a Bishop in Florida about it. He said “Yep. Just changed this month.” arrrrggghh 3
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 05:54 PM Author Posted yesterday at 05:54 PM 2 hours ago, bluebell said: Do you think she would hunt you down if you went rogue and didn't go sometimes? Yes! She’s being fairly military about it. She’s sending out reminders the night before everybody and she hunted me down yesterday. I was talking to a ward member for five minutes after ss and then I went looking for the Teacher training class, she ran me down in the hall, hollering my name. And she talked about so-and-so while rolling her eyes who didn’t show up to the class. 2
MustardSeed Posted yesterday at 05:55 PM Author Posted yesterday at 05:55 PM 2 hours ago, bluebell said: In our ward we have only been doing teacher training once a year, and I've heard nothing new yet. But my ward is full of really old people who have been together since the dawn of time. They struggle with adapting to new stuff and tend to slide back into 1990s era church if they can get away with it. We've been late out of sacrament meeting (like 10 minutes over) every sunday but one so far. Oh boy, not us. Last week the Bishop stood up and whispered in the speakers ear and she was like. “ well I guess I’m done.” 🤣 2
bluebell Posted yesterday at 09:29 PM Posted yesterday at 09:29 PM 3 hours ago, MustardSeed said: I just asked my brother-in-law who’s a Bishop in Florida about it. He said “Yep. Just changed this month.” arrrrggghh Sounds like the church thinks that the teachers are going to really struggle with this 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now