Kirtland Camp

jkwilliams

Very cool. I never knew you were Ohio. I’ll ping you next time I’m visiting. The sign is of the same type at the Kirkland temple near where I used to live. 

On a somewhat related note, I took my high school son to visit the University of Iowa this summer. He’s a long distance runner so we checked out their course. Turns out it’s right next to a Mormon handcart pioneer memorial. Apparently Iowa City was the end of the train line so that’s where the handcart groups started from. I’d always assumed they started in nauvoo. 

If you want a real adventure, try finding the marker for Hauns Mill. 

8 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

Very cool. I never knew you were Ohio. I’ll ping you next time I’m visiting. The sign is of the same type at the Kirkland temple near where I used to live. 

On a somewhat related note, I took my high school son to visit the University of Iowa this summer. He’s a long distance runner so we checked out their course. Turns out it’s right next to a Mormon handcart pioneer memorial. Apparently Iowa City was the end of the train line so that’s where the handcart groups started from. I’d always assumed they started in nauvoo. 

If you want a real adventure, try finding the marker for Hauns Mill. 

Let me know if you ever get over this way. I’ve met quite a few posters from this board. 

17 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

Just one marker I know of. Granted I tried to find it during a rainstorm with five kids in a minivan. Nearly got stuck in the mud and has our own hauns mill experience. 

Sounds familiar.  I've done the Church History circuit 4 times, only made that trek once.

Adam Ondi Ahman is still my favorite.  (And Nauvoo.)

5 hours ago, Buckeye said:

Just one marker I know of. Granted I tried to find it during a rainstorm with five kids in a minivan. Nearly got stuck in the mud and has our own hauns mill experience. 

Sounds like it. I had to carry one of the smaller kids to the site because he kept slipping in the mud.

7 hours ago, Buckeye said:

Sounds, uhhhh ... fun.  :huh: :unknw: 

Glad you all made it out and lived to tell about it. :)