Morman Day Celebration 1947

Interesting.  Did your mother, perhaps, write down any reminiscences of Garden Grove?  Do you have any family there?

P.S.: Found this.

P.P.S: This, too.

Edited by Kenngo1969
15 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Interesting.  Did your mother, perhaps, write down any reminiscences of Garden Grove?  Do you have any family there?

P.S.: Found this.

P.P.S: This, too.

I believe this is from her time as a missionary. I'm not aware of a mission journal so we have no notes from Garden Grove. No family there.

3 hours ago, bearhoof said:

I believe this is from her time as a missionary. I'm not aware of a mission journal so we have no notes from Garden Grove. No family there.

Hmm.  That's interesting.  I wonder, what mission was she in?  I found a master's thesis by Jill N. Crandell at BYU Scholars Archive. 

https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3374&context=etd

Edited by Kenngo1969
On 2/2/2021 at 7:51 AM, bearhoof said:

Found this poster in my mother's things. Thought it was interesting enough to share.

B_DSC_4954.jpg

Cool find, but who created the poster, and the misspelling of “Mormon”, as “Morman”. Near to my home used to stand the oldest meeting house in the Southeast, on a road named, “Morman Church Road“. There is still a large cemetery where members from the 1800’s to recent years buried there. A friend of mine is buried there, and when his wife passes away, she to will be buried there. I wish I could be buried there, but I am not sure they will allow many more to be buried there, unless family members are already buried there already. 

5 minutes ago, bearhoof said:

We had another name for Garden Grove CA.

I can imagine. :rolleyes: