Jump to content
Seriously No Politics ×

Church Tweaking General Conference B/C of Coronavirus


Recommended Posts

Posted
9 hours ago, Calm said:

Genesis 12:3, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

Genesis 22:15-18  "And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,  And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

Genesis 28:14, "and you will spread out to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south; and in you and in your descendants shall all the families of the earth be blessed."

Abraham 2:9-11, “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee above measure, and make thy name great among all nations, and thou shalt be a blessing unto thy seed after thee, that in their hands they shall bear this ministry and Priesthood unto all nations;  And I will bless them through thy name; for as many as receive this Gospel shall be called after thy name, and shall be accounted thy seed, and shall rise up and bless thee, as their father;  And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse them that curse thee; and in thee (that is, in thy Priesthood) and in thy seed (that is, thy Priesthood), for I give unto thee a promise that this right shall continue in thee, and in thy seed after thee (that is to say, the literal seed, or the seed of the body) shall all the families of the earth be blessed, even with the blessings of the Gospel, which are the blessings of salvation, even of life eternal.

That is the unconditional Abrahamic Covenant, and all of us are beneficiaries of it.  Along with the Plan of Salvation, we need to thank a loving and prescient God for his great mercy to us in providing the good works of the literal children of Abraham.
 

 

Posted
8 hours ago, Raingirl said:

.........................

I seem to have missed the window of opportunity for purchasing a face mask, however. 

Have a packet of face masks delivered with your next order of groceries.

Posted
On 2/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, Meadowchik said:

I think the level of recent restrictions seen across many major cities of China was remarkable. People in selected areas were not permitted to leave their homes for work or school, and only allowed to leave every two days or so, to buy food. I do not see any such restrictions happening in the US, and I wonder if the known statistics on the coronavirus are optimistically skewed by those artificial contraints, constraints other countries won't necessarily adopt. And the relative lack of allowance for sick days in the US won't help, either.

 

Those levels of restrictions almost never work. Once a region has an epidemic level outbreak it is better to focus on treatment and just assume half or more of the population will be exposed no matter what.

Posted
On 2/28/2020 at 2:39 PM, Ahab said:

A good conscience is better than lots of money.  Of course you're welcome to find out for yourself but I wouldn't recommend trading your conscience for lots of money. But that is an option if you want it.

I feel too much guilt when I try to use people. I tried it many years ago.

Posted
2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Those levels of restrictions almost never work. Once a region has an epidemic level outbreak it is better to focus on treatment and just assume half or more of the population will be exposed no matter what.

I agree. I would think that if there is any utility in it, it is to delay exposure and make the impact more gradual and therefore less destabilising.

Posted
On 2/28/2020 at 7:09 PM, Bob Crockett said:

The money available to me was bottomless.  

Not what I experienced. You must live in an affluent stake.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...