My Lds Library

caspianrex

Although I am not a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I long ago became interested in Latter-day Saints history, scriptures and other LDS literature.

Recently I updated my spreadsheet of everything in my LDS Library. Just for fun, I thought I'd share...

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTvS_yh18fxiIWzLz2tVrvvaLccFV63Mv52jv4rPmGwQrP9PVNHbwh5u6AtemwOlXNrn7KSjx1fOvcb/pubhtml

Edited by caspianrex

Incidentally, looking over the spreadsheet again, I do hope no one takes any offense at #53 on the list.

It's a pocket sized edition of the BOM that I stumbled upon at a used bookstore. The previous owner had written "Beware! False Prophets" on the side of the book, as well as this inscription on the inside:

"Beware! Anti-Christ! I was Mormon and this is anti-Christ!"

For the record, I don't think any such thing about anyone from the Church. But the book was a only a nickel, and I couldn't pass it up. Besides, it got it off the shelf at the used bookstore...

I have a few antimormon books on my shelf.  One given to me by my son when he picked it up on his mission and the other given to me by the author.  Also got a cd of his songs as professional singer turned writer.  Nice voice.  Poor quality scholarship.

Also a few fringe books friends asked me to review for them.

I probably should explain to the young lady who comes clean for me one of these days.  :)

Edited by Calm
7 minutes ago, Calm said:

I have a few antimormon books on my shelf.  One given to me by my son when he picked it up on his mission and the other given to me by the author.  Also got a cd of his songs as professional singer turned writer.  Nice voice.

This little pocket edition BOM that so offended its previous owner only has a little more writing in it: he or she scribbled "Alma 40" and "Amalec" (sic) on the back page. When I turned to Alma 40, I found that the person had written the word "Death" next to the chapter heading. Hard to see what convinced the person that the book (or its author) was "anti-Christ." I've always found the BOM to be pretty "pro-Christ." After all, He turns up in its pages fairly often! 🙂

Maybe the person read one of those famous anti-Mormon Chick tracts... https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0061 If you've never read it, it's probably the most ludicrous anti-Mormon publication I've ever seen.

3 hours ago, caspianrex said:

Incidentally, looking over the spreadsheet again, I do hope no one takes any offense at #53 on the list.

It's a pocket sized edition of the BOM that I stumbled upon at a used bookstore. The previous owner had written "Beware! False Prophets" on the side of the book, as well as this inscription on the inside:

For the record, I don't think any such thing about anyone from the Church. But the book was a only a nickel, and I couldn't pass it up. Besides, it got it off the shelf at the used bookstore...

Why would anyone take offense? 🙂 That it's in your library?  I'd be happy to have such a book in my own possession, so I could laugh at it. Christ is mentioned more frequently in the Book of Mormon than even the New Testament, so the joke's on the scribbler!  Edited to add: yes, I see you referred to that in a later post.

I once found a book at Barnes and Noble that talked about temple ordinances in too much detail, or so I felt, and so I bought it to keep it out of the hands of the people I was afraid it might end up misleading. As it turned out, I found the book quite interesting and informative!  

Edited by Stargazer
2 hours ago, caspianrex said:

This little pocket edition BOM that so offended its previous owner only has a little more writing in it: he or she scribbled "Alma 40" and "Amalec" (sic) on the back page. When I turned to Alma 40, I found that the person had written the word "Death" next to the chapter heading. Hard to see what convinced the person that the book (or its author) was "anti-Christ." I've always found the BOM to be pretty "pro-Christ." After all, He turns up in its pages fairly often! 🙂

Maybe the person read one of those famous anti-Mormon Chick tracts... https://www.chick.com/products/tract?stk=0061 If you've never read it, it's probably the most ludicrous anti-Mormon publication I've ever seen.

Yes, what would we do without our friend Mr. Chick!  It turns out that he doesn't like Catholics, either, nor a few others.  He's an equal-opportunity reviler.

I think the list of folks that the late Mr. Chick didn't like was pretty long: Catholics, LDS, those who use any Bible but the KJV, Muslims, those who celebrate Halloween, "liberal" seminaries and Bible colleges, etc.

On 2/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, caspianrex said:

I think the list of folks that the late Mr. Chick didn't like was pretty long: Catholics, LDS, those who use any Bible but the KJV, Muslims, those who celebrate Halloween, "liberal" seminaries and Bible colleges, etc.

The list is long and eclectic:

Homosexuals, atheists, those who practice human sacrifice, Satanists, Jews (and many of the bad people have Caricatured Jewish noses including Satan), Dungeons & Dragons players, Communists, the UN, Harry Potter fans, Lord of the Rings fans, Narnia fans, rape victims, people who do good things but do not chant the magic spell correctly in order to be saved, pagans, etc.

You can also tell how he feels about some people by his drawings. Virtually all fat people are evil. The righteous are svelte. They also have full heads of hair while the wicked are often balding with feeble attempts at a combover. Hair loss appears to be the Mark of the Beast. The Catholics get it hard. The Catholics are also Satanists and are responsible for communism. Also, Jesuits wrote the Quran. Who would have thought right? Jesuits also ran the gestapo and were behind the holocaust and the Second World War was an attempt by the Catholics to punish the Soviets for the Orthodox Church or something. The Catholics are also trying to bring back Baal worship and their highest leaders swear oaths on the Quran. Satan murders people with chainsaws, watches sitcoms, and personally invented rock music. Homosexuality is caused by demon possession and most of these possessions take place when people are raped as children. God throws people doing good things straight into hell while deathbed repenters are fine even if they rape and prostituted their own children an hour ago. Tolkien and Lewis wrote satanic books. The guy had brainworms and is probably burning in hell right now.

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Dungeons & Dragons players...

That D&D Chick tract is hilarious! Well worth reading, just for the unintentional comedy. (And it's crystal clear Jack never even knew a single person who played D&D.)

Dark Dungeons (Chick Tract)