Seriously No Politics ×

John Gee: "The Joseph Smith Papers Project Stumbles"

On 9/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, Dan Vogel said:

Anyone interested, I have left a full response to Lindsay's review of the Jensen/Hauglid book at the FPR or mormondiscussions site.

For those who, as did I, might go to this link expecting to find an insightful, scholarly and well-substantiated critique, be warned. It is a few paragraphs of childish and bitter invective, insults and snark, devoid of documentation, strong reasoning and clarifying illustrations. “Full response” indeed!

Caveat emptor!

8 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

For those who, as did I, might go to this link expecting to find an insightful, scholarly and well-substantiated critique, be warned. It is a few paragraphs of childish and bitter invective, insults and snark, devoid of documentation, strong reasoning and clarifying illustrations. “Full response” indeed!

Caveat emptor!

Are you talking about the OP by “SmallAxe” on FPR or are you referring to Dan Vogel’s review which is found below stretched over several comments?

14 minutes ago, SeekingUnderstanding said:

Are you talking about the OP by “SmallAxe” on FPR or are you referring to Dan Vogel’s review which is found below stretched over several comments?

I clicked on the link and it took me directly to the post by “SmallAxe” whom I presumed was Dan Vogel, as that’s where the link led. Is that not the case?

42 minutes ago, Scott Lloyd said:

I clicked on the link and it took me directly to the post by “SmallAxe” whom I presumed was Dan Vogel, as that’s where the link led. Is that not the case?

It is extremely confusing to find, but if you CTRL+F and search for "Dan Vogel", you'll find the posts quite a way down the comments.  But if you go straight to them, you'll miss an edifying exchange between the shining stars of apologetics and the gadflies from the other board.

3 minutes ago, cinepro said:

It is extremely confusing to find, but if you CTRL+F and search for "Dan Vogel", you'll find the posts quite a way down the comments.  But if you go straight to them, you'll miss an edifying exchange between the shining stars of apologetics and the gadflies from the other board.

Ah, OK. Thanks. 

It’s a backhanded compliment to Vogel that I was expecting something better than what I encountered when I first went there.