Giving the LDS church the prize.

Between what i've been through, seen the past few years and well, that pope francis thread I made, made up my mind.  Especially if I go back to Hawaii, if mom ever wants to go to church, it will probably be LDS.  I had my stint with em, I'm not really a christian like most of you all are, and yeah the politics on their side is disgusting.  I'm done with the keyboard crusaders, i'm hanging out with the cool kids.  Bonus points because moms classmates from BYUH still check on her and your church has done a lot for the islanders.  Even more brownie points for the lack of Masonic hate and love of our country, seeing more crazy Catholic/Protestant factions that hate Americanism,  that's not cool.  America first, we took in the people no one else would and still help a lot of people not starve. 

Really trying to be nice, have to admit looking back that it really was the Mormons who were the nicest.  Find it ironic people give you guys so much grief over beliefs yet you sure act a lot more Christian.  Next time someone calls one of you good people out on the LDS gospel, do me a favor and ask what they're doing to make the world a better place besides running their mouths off.

26 minutes ago, poptart said:

Between what i've been through, seen the past few years and well, that pope francis thread I made, made up my mind.  Especially if I go back to Hawaii, if mom ever wants to go to church, it will probably be LDS.  I had my stint with em, I'm not really a christian like most of you all are, and yeah the politics on their side is disgusting.  I'm done with the keyboard crusaders, i'm hanging out with the cool kids.  Bonus points because moms classmates from BYUH still check on her and your church has done a lot for the islanders.  Even more brownie points for the lack of Masonic hate and love of our country, seeing more crazy Catholic/Protestant factions that hate Americanism,  that's not cool.  America first, we took in the people no one else would and still help a lot of people not starve. 

Really trying to be nice, have to admit looking back that it really was the Mormons who were the nicest.  Find it ironic people give you guys so much grief over beliefs yet you sure act a lot more Christian.  Next time someone calls one of you good people out on the LDS gospel, do me a favor and ask what they're doing to make the world a better place besides running their mouths off.

Thanks for your thoughts Poptart. I am in agreement about the LDS being good people, I tend to get all bent out of shape when it comes to history or facts I wasn't aware of, when in reality that is in the past. Now for the current policies etc. I hope for change in some of them. And then again, I know that the church of the 60's 70's & 80's 90's are missed such as the pageants, road shows, bake sales, youth activities, scout activities etc. Hoping everything isn't too simplified. It was a heck of a fun church while growing up. I've noticed even the Relief Society meetings are few and far between. 

Edited by Tacenda
2 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

Thanks for your thoughts Poptart. I am in agreement about the LDS being good people, I tend to get all bent out of shape when it comes to history or facts I wasn't aware of, when in reality that is in the past. Now for the current policies etc. I hope for change in some of them. And then again, I know that the church of the 60's 70's & 80's 90's are missed such as the pageants, road shows, bake sales, youth activities, scout activities etc. Hoping everything isn't too simplified. It was a heck of a fun church while growing up. I've noticed even the Relief Society meetings are few and far between. 

Wow, I keep hearing similar things from older friends.  Knew one guy who was a volunteer youth pastor for a Lutheran Church a long time ago, seems like the 70s and 80s was really a golden age for that stuff.  I vaugly remember going to a Lutheran Church in Anchorage, was so wholesome, came down here and well, not so much. 

What bothers me is how cutthroat people are anymore.  At least the saints I know understand the simple fact that we all have to work, if you slit someone's throat they'll want to get even.  Blows my mind how churches have to have the security they do nowadays, know there are crazies out there but I'm somewhat sure part of it is due to people within the organization doing bad things to someone and the nasty behavior that follows. 

3 hours ago, poptart said:

..........................Next time someone calls one of you good people out on the LDS gospel, do me a favor and ask what they're doing to make the world a better place besides running their mouths off.

Thanks, poptart.  I always enjoy your somewhat offbeat views and experiences.  You'll always be welcome here, even if you go back to Hawaii-ne.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:35 PM, Robert F. Smith said:

Thanks, poptart.  I always enjoy your somewhat offbeat views and experiences.  You'll always be welcome here, even if you go back to Hawaii-ne.

>Hawaii-ne

wow, haven't heard that one in a while.

23 hours ago, The Nehor said:

What did we win? I hope it is a gift card!

I've been slowly removing a lot of the poison and well, decided at least here stateside if I ever take mom to church, good chance it will be LDS.  Good people, they get along more than most other Christ based religions here stateside, they do more for their own and TBH, they're more Polynesian friendly.