Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon Funeral Potatoes

My mom made pretty much everything from scratch ( didn’t know what Mac and cheese was until college) and I still can’t handle the canned soup shortcut foods. 

However, if that cream of mushroom is made without resorting to tins, some of those variations could be heavenly. 

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Jeanne said:

Oooo...doesn't matter to me...funeral potatoes I love!!!!!  Now...green jello and carrots are kind of a different story...and please don't add cottage cheese!😋

I thought I had a good thing going when I shredded apples instead of carrots and put in green jello. But none of my family like jello but me, so I'm the one that becomes the garbage disposal for leftovers.

Edited by Tacenda
2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I thought I had a good thing going when I shredded apples instead of carrots and put in green jello. But none of my family like jello but me, so I'm the one that becomes the garbage disposal for leftovers.

Oh...that would have been okay with me!!  That sounds good...it is just the carrots (which I love) and cottage cheese...duh.  Funny thing though; I can eat cottage cheese as long as there are lots of black olives...go figure..but I drink dill pickle juice!

Edited by Jeanne
On 7/9/2018 at 11:38 PM, Calm said:

My mom made pretty much everything from scratch ( didn’t know what Mac and cheese was until college) and I still can’t handle the canned soup shortcut foods. 

However, if that cream of mushroom is made without resorting to tins, some of those variations could be heavenly. 

Campbells is the only Cream of Mushroom soup worth eating. 

On 7/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, mnn727 said:

Campbells is the only Cream of Mushroom soup worth eating. 

Oh you guys...mushrooms??  They smell up the whole house.😋

Edited by Jeanne